MXT - Not all bad

Options
achinbones
achinbones Member Posts: 9
edited 20. Apr 2009, 18:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

I've been reading the threads about MXT and side effects etc. I just thought I'd pass on my experience. I have been taking MXT since May last year starting (quite nervously) on 10mg once a week (and folic acid every other day) and aside from a reduction to 7.5mg per week (blood results and a virus over christmas) I have not had any problems at all. Not a single side effect. I take them on a Monday morning and am up and 'running' as normal straight away. So I know it is a really big step going onto the 'chemo' drug but it's not all bad and the results can be very satisfying.

:D Achinbones[/b]

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hiya :D

It is good news to hear favourable reports about MTX.

Like with most things I suppose, people write/complain about things not working well, all the negatives, whatever it may be but are less inclined to praise when things are working/going smoothly.

Long may it continue for you both!

Best wishes,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.