SO VERY FED UP WITH RA

Options
hellsbells
hellsbells Member Posts: 14
edited 23. Apr 2009, 14:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all
I dont write many messages, but always come on and read topics and messages.
I am 37 i have RA in my knees, wirst, feet and am going through a particularly bad flare up, which seems to be lasting forever.... people at work have noticed ( i dont tell everyone i have RA) , so now more people know, and i am fed up of the amount of people who say "oh your young to have that arent you?" ... i just needed a moan, i guess to people who actually understand.... hopefully my flare up will ease soon.... and i can cheer up a bit.. sorry for moaning to you all. :?

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Hellsbells
    I don`t have RA, but still get that said to me re OA. `oh you`re young for that!` Grrrrrr!
    Anyway I hope your flare settles soon and you can start to enjoy life more again.
    And moan away! Thats whats good here , we all need to sound off at times. :D
    NB
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Hi Hellsbells
    :(:(:(
    So sorry about the flare and feeling so awful :(
    I suppose people will be shocked, but maybe it will do them some good to realise it's not just for older people.
    I hope they at least continue to support you and that the flare subsides very soon now.
    Look after yourself and moan all you like - it's GOOD for you!! :wink:
    Toni x
  • hellsbells
    hellsbells Member Posts: 14
    Options
    oh thank you for you messages, it really does make a difference moaning to people who really do understand. Thank you so much :D
  • debsmartin
    debsmartin Member Posts: 209
    Options
    Hi Hellsbells

Sorry you are having a flare up, I too tried to hide it at work but was so glad when I told my work mates, my boss has been brill too. It too annoys me when people say you are too young for RA. I was lucky at the time my boss was going out with a doctor so he was giving me loads of info via her.

Hope you are soon feeling better and I think it does help to have a good moan makes you feel alot better so carry on moaning and keep posting

debs
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Moan away - I've done it myself plenty of times :-)

And join in the conversations more - we'd like to know more about you.

Nx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Hellsbells,

I am sorry you are having a flair, I hope it soon ends. People are stupid where things like arthritis are concerned and just let it go over your head as its just what people say. I was 15/16 when they said I had oa and I also got tired of it but now I look so old they don't say it........... Now I get 'well its just arthritis' and I must learn to let that go over my head now........ :lol: I hope so much you feel better soon. Take care, Cris.
  • ramummy
    ramummy Member Posts: 100
    Options
    Hi Hellsbells,

Sorry to hear you're having a nasty flare up - I'm 32 and have RA too - I know what you mean about the 'aren't you young' comments - as if we hadn't noticed eh!?

Hope the flare passes soon. PM me if you ever want a rant!

x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Now girls, girls, girls and boys listen to Aunty Legs.

When I was a slip of a girl with RA people used to say to me 'Oh dear, and you're so young!' and I went down the feeling angry route because they were stating the obvious. :x Nowadays at the ripe old age of 51 no one says it anymore and I feel I've joined the 'Well, what do you expect at your age dear :? ' club. :roll:

I would love, love, love someone to tell me I'm too young now so don't be cross when they say it make the most of the 'young' gang while you can. :wink:

Luv Legs :lol::lol:

PS Hellsbells, hope you feel better very soon :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:

When I was a slip of a girl with RA people used to say to me 'Oh dear, and you're so young!' and I went down the feeling angry route because they were stating the obvious. :x Nowadays at the ripe old age of 51 no one says it anymore and I feel I've joined the 'Well, what do you expect at your age dear :? ' club. :roll:

I would love, love, love someone to tell me I'm too young now so don't be cross when they say it make the most of the 'young' gang while you can. :wink:

Hi Linda
    That made me laugh!! We can`t win can we? Young, old or in between :?: (whatever that means!!)
    Some days I am a bit more sensitive to things said to me, other times `skin like elephant hide`. I should try to be more thick skinned more often, it saves me a lot of stress!!
    At least we know `arthur` insn`t ageist!! He doesn`t care who he gets!
    NB

• mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:

Hi Linda
    That made me laugh!! We can`t win can we? Young, old or in between :?: (whatever that means!!)
    Some days I am a bit more sensitive to things said to me, other times `skin like elephant hide`. I should try to be more thick skinned more often, it saves me a lot of stress!!
    At least we know `arthur` insn`t ageist!! He doesn`t care who he gets!
    NB

Hi Hellsbells
    Sorry you are suffering at the moment. Its so unpleasant when you have a flare. I'm going through one at the moment although strangely enough no one says oh you are too young.......... Guess im with legs on this one :wink::lol:
    Really do hope you feel better soon, and everything calms down again. Take care of yourself.
    love not so young Gillx