I have found assistance for my heel pain!

Options
melbland
melbland Member Posts: 36
edited 23. Apr 2009, 09:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hiya all

I wanted to share something with you that I thought may be of benefit.

As you may or may not know, I was diagnosed with sero-negative inflammatory arthritis in June 2007 and since then I have various problems. I have major problems with a lot of joints but find my feet very painful.

I believe I have plantar faciitis which causes significant pain in the heels etc although this has not been diagnosed.

BUT - I have found something that has helped with my pain!

I found some sillicon heel inserts made by footmedics and by using them, the pain has significantly reduced. I am brave to admit that I currently have no pain in my heels when walking and standing.

They cost £14.99 plus P+P and they arrived, for me, within 24 hours. I ordered them at lunchtime on Tuesday and got them yesterday and, having only used them for 4 hours, I think they are great.

Just wanted to share and see if they may benefit other heel pain sufferers. I can PM with full details.

Wishing you all the best

Mel x

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Cheers Mel
    For sharing that peice of info. Now do they also go under the balls pf your feet - that's where mine can hurt...?
    Thanks again
    Toni x
  • melbland
    melbland Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Unfortunately no :cry:

I am still looking for help for that area :lol:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options
    Thanks Mel
    Toni x
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    i got some sillicon type insoles from the appliance clinic at my local hospital, they cover the whole of the sole of the shoe and they may help to? the only thing i found is i need to wear shoes the size bigger than normal because otherwise my feel felt squoshed. my toes get very sore in most shoes but the insoles helped!
    so maybe a referal the appliance clinic might help? worth a try!
    sue