Can't believe it!!!!

Options
eckstardeluxe
eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
edited 23. Apr 2009, 17:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well folks, I'm actually off work today the sciatica is so bad. Attempted a walk to the shops to see if it would ease off and was actually crying with pain on the way back.

I get in the door and a shiny white envelope has been posted and inside - An appointment at the Pain clinic in less than 6 weeks!!! I can't believe it, thought I'd be waiting forever, if ever there was a day to send it to me it was today. Now I'm hoping it won't get cancelled like seems to be the norm, but for now I'm so happy :D

Comments

• ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That's great news - I'm so pleased for you :-) And thanks for sharing the joy!

When is your appointment? Make sure you have your list of questions ready by then!

Nx
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi
    Thats great news about your appointment! Someone is smiling down on you today. Hope the sciatica settles down for you too.
    Its amazing what makes us happy isn`t it?! Hospital appointments! Time was it would be an invitation which made us smile, not a clinic date!! :wink:
    Take care
    NB
  • eckstardeluxe
    Options
    Hi Nina, it's Tuesday 2nd June 9.00am. Just under 6 weeks, I've already filled in a form telling them everything but have lots and lots of questions for them! Thanks for your message, I can't believe I actually WANT to go to Hospital. Such a little trivial thing can make a difference to your day. And Nearly Bionic too, thank you, I know silly little things, I wonder if these people know how much they mean to us.

xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Eck,

I am so glad you got your appointment at last, sorry you have to wait so long ad hope so much they help you as much as they have me Our backs are not too dissimilar and if they offer you the jabs, the electric denerving go for it Girl as it makes so much difference to not have the spasm and as much pain. Take care, Cris
  • eckstardeluxe
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Eck,

I am so glad you got your appointment at last, sorry you have to wait so long ad hope so much they help you as much as they have me Our backs are not too dissimilar and if they offer you the jabs, the electric denerving go for it Girl as it makes so much difference to not have the spasm and as much pain. Take care, Cris

Thanks for that info Cris, I've stored that in "the vault" :D
  • skezier
    Options
    Thanks for that info Cris, I've stored that in "the vault" :D[/quote]

Hi, Just don't let them do that to you! :lol: It's amazing what pain relief can do, mine they can't stop but half is so much better.....and to lose the endless spasm, one side completely was bliss! I'm off again next week and will try anything........Once! :lol: Take Care, Cris x
  • eckstardeluxe
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Thanks for that info Cris, I've stored that in "the vault" :D

Hi, Just don't let them do that to you! :lol: It's amazing what pain relief can do, mine they can't stop but half is so much better.....and to lose the endless spasm, one side completely was bliss! I'm off again next week and will try anything........Once! :lol: Take Care, Cris x[/quote]

Hi again Cris, can you let me know how you get on with that please

Eck
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Eck

I will it's a follow up to the last injections they did. I hope she will do it again before the chryo people have ago. Your first one they ask you a lot of questions, you fill in a pain chart and then they talk to you about what they can do to help. once in the system it isn't as long though I suspect you will be offered the injections and then you have to wait for a date in theater as they do them under x ray.

I see her on the 29th and I will let you know..... I must fill in the pain chart....... :lol: x
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    HI Ecky

So glad to hear you got your appointment
    but so sorry to hear your sciatica is bad today.

I have that horrible sciatica pain so will you let
    us know what the appointment is all about when
    you have been there.

I thought I was going to help myself for asking
    if I could have physio sesssions at the hospital
    as my back and joints, due to RA as well as sciatica
    were getting awful.

Unlucky for me I got a physcopath, masquerading as
    a physio assistant. Just awful, I nearly passed out
    and was in tears with more pain than I went in with.
    Coming round a bit now and the appointment was
    over a week ago. :roll:
    So I've thrown that into touch. :(

Interested in the pain clinic though.

Hope all goes well.

Kath
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options
    HI Eckstar
    That is good news - I am pleased for you!
    Brilliant!
    Toni x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi
    Great news about the pain clinic appointment. Funny, sometimes how things turn out! Good luck. :D
    Love Sue
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    woodbon wrote:
    Hi
    Great news about the pain clinic appointment. Funny, sometimes how things turn out! Good luck. :D
    Love Sue

Hi Eck
    Thats brilliant news. I know what you mean about being excited to go there, its exactly how I felt and the doctor I saw was brilliant and had lots of helpful suggestions. Hope you get some real help for that awful sciatica. How come a physio assistant is treating you instead of the physio, I though they were only meant 'to assist' not actually treat?
    Take care love Gillx
  • eckstardeluxe
    Options
    kathbee wrote:
    HI Ecky

So glad to hear you got your appointment
    but so sorry to hear your sciatica is bad today.

I have that horrible sciatica pain so will you let
    us know what the appointment is all about when
    you have been there.

I thought I was going to help myself for asking
    if I could have physio sesssions at the hospital
    as my back and joints, due to RA as well as sciatica
    were getting awful.

Unlucky for me I got a physcopath, masquerading as
    a physio assistant. Just awful, I nearly passed out
    and was in tears with more pain than I went in with.
    Coming round a bit now and the appointment was
    over a week ago. :roll:
    So I've thrown that into touch. :(

Interested in the pain clinic though.

Hope all goes well.

Kath

Hi Kath, physio was a total no-no for me, the guy was nice but took a look at me and said he wouldn't touch me until I'd been seen at the pain clinic. It was actually the Ortho Consultant said I had to go as the Arthur has become so advanced it's cause mega bone spurs and discs are all bulging. Surgery is impossible they say due to the mass deterioration. It will probably be a slow 6 weeks but I will post when I've been and let you know how it goes. Worth asking your Doc about it as everyone I've spoken to who have been seen by them say they are marvellous. I don't want to get my hopes up.