New to forum

Options
jean2005
jean2005 Member Posts: 4
edited 1. May 2009, 15:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am new to the forum. I have had Polymyalgia for the last 3 years and have just been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis as well. I have been on Prednisilone during all of this time and just started taking Methotextrate 7.5 mg.

My husband bought me a book called the Chilton Programme which is for people suffering with RA. Has anyone heard and tried this and did it help in any way?

Comments

• fossillady
    fossillady Member Posts: 37
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi jean2005, I haven't heard of the Chilton Programme but I just wanted to say hi and welcome you to the forum :D

I am a newbie to the forum too (RA for 19 years) and it feels great to be part of a community that know what your going through and can offer help and advice when you need it (or just somewhere to get things off your chest).

Good luck with the MTX, I too am on 7.5mg, (the injectable version) and have had good results with it over the years.

Take care,
    Marie x
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    jean2005 wrote:
    I am new to the forum. I have had Polymyalgia for the last 3 years and have just been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis as well. I have been on Prednisilone during all of this time and just started taking Methotextrate 7.5 mg.

My husband bought me a book called the Chilton Programme which is for people suffering with RA. Has anyone heard and tried this and did it help in any way?
    Hello Jean, I just wanted to welcome you to the forum. You seem to have been through so much already. I'm sorry I don't know about the Chilton Programme but there are lots of lovely helpful supportive people on here and I hope some of them may be able to help with your querie.
    Good luck.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Jean :D

A big welcome to the site. It can become very addictive, as I well know. :lol::lol: I must have joined at least two years ago, may be longer. Everyone is really friendly, helpful and understanding and it is a great place to call in, as and when.

Best wishes
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Just to say hello and welcome to the site. I have OA, so others will be more helpful. :D Love Sue
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    Hi Jean,

Welcome! I too have recently start MTX, 10mg, for RA.

Just want to wish you well :)

Jackie x
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    jackie1955 wrote:
    Hi Jean,

Welcome! I too have recently start MTX, 10mg, for RA.

Just want to wish you well :)

Jackie x

Hi Jean
    I just wanted to welcome you to the site. I only found it recently
    and it is a brilliant place to get information and meet a whole load of really nice understanding people who share the trials and tribulations of arthritis. Sorry i have nt heard about the chilton programme. Why dont you google it?
    Hope you find out what it is and when you do i would be fvery interested tohear about it. I have RA too
    gillx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hello Jean!!
    A big welco`me to you from me too!!!
    I haven't heard of this either (and to think that between us we usually know MOST things :oops: ) so you will need to educate US!!
    Seriously though I would be interested and it is nice that your hubby has tgot it for you to try and help. :)
    Hope to see you posting
    Take care
    Toni x
  • breane
    breane Member Posts: 392
    Options
    Hi Jean,Welcome to a very friendly forum where you will get a lot of useful advice. :lol: I have OA so can't be of much help to you but I'm sure others will be able to help you.Have a good day. Breane.x
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    Hello Jean just droped in to say welcome to the forum, catch you around take care
    Colin
  • plmb48
    plmb48 Member Posts: 125
    Options
    hi and welcome to the forum had ra 29 years on 15 mg metho 5 mg pred we are all here for you pauline x
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Hello Jean. Welcome to the Forum. I cannot help unfortunately as I have OA but lot's of the posters have RA and will give you lots of help and advice.

I can tell you wholeheartedly that coming on this forum has made a massive difference in me coping since my diagnosis. The support and laughs I have with the posters helps me on good and bad days. I have had some wonderful advice and have always taken up the tips offered to me and found them to be a real godsend. I hope you find the Forum as helpful as I do. take care, Eck x
  • snoops
    snoops Member Posts: 29
    Options
    jean2005 wrote:

Hi Jean,
    I to joined the forum today. I am already smileing cause there are lovely people here who understand your feelings. :D
    I only have OA but pain is pain!!!
    Take care Hun
    Ann
  • debsmartin
    debsmartin Member Posts: 209
    Options
    Hi Jean and welcome, I take methotrexate as well and have found it a real help to me, hope it works as well for you

debs
  • toffee
    toffee Member Posts: 1
    Options
    jean2005 wrote:

Hi Jean2005, Welcome to the forum. I have just signed up today to the forum.I have had RA since 2003 . I am married and have 1 daughter doing A levels! Work part -time 20hrs a week. RA is under
    control.
    Never heared about the Chilton Programme. But would love to know more about it.
    Best wishes,
    Toffee.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Toffee :D

:D Welcome to the forum. :D New peeps are calling in by the dozens over the past few days! :lol::lol: Not good that so many peeps are suffering from the dreaded "arthur" but great you have found us here. We all really do know what it is really like and this is a brill place to log on to and see what is going on and ask any questions and tell us good and the not so good news.

I warn you it can become addictive! :D:D

Hope you have seen some sun today. We have in Bucks.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • jean2005
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who has given me such warm welcome to the forum. I had not realised how many wonderful helpful people there are.
    :D
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Jean, I haven't heard of the Chiltern programme either, but welcome to the forum love Jaspercatxx
  • jean2005
    Options
    fossillady wrote:
    Hi jean2005, I haven't heard of the Chilton Programme but I just wanted to say hi and welcome you to the forum :D

I am a newbie to the forum too (RA for 19 years) and it feels great to be part of a community that know what your going through and can offer help and advice when you need it (or just somewhere to get things off your chest).

Good luck with the MTX, I too am on 7.5mg, (the injectable version) and have had good results with it over the years.

Take care,
    Marie x

:) Thank you Marie for your kind welcome. It is encouraging to learn that you have had good results with the MTX. I am into my 8th week on the tablet form and waiting for some sort of relief which I hope will not be much longer.
    Thank you
    Jean