ESA - help

Options
jenzie06
jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
I'm currently on sick leave from work (initially working 15hrs then dropped to 8hrs). My RA flared at Christmas and hasn't really settled down. Although now I'm recovering from hand surgery so have been signed off with that.
I really enjoy working but I struggle even doing 8hrs, it makes the fibro and RA flare up so I work a couple of days then need a couple of days off.
I'm a lot better when I'm not working and I'm considering applying for ESA but I'm worried that as I'm reasonably ok at the moment I won't qualify for it. Do I have to go back to work and become really bad before applying for it?
My work have been hugely understanding but I feel like I'm letting them down by not being able to go in all the time. I'm not on any useful drugs at the mo (plaquinil, amitrip and pain killers up to morphine) as we would like to start a family and the anti-tnf caused me to have a stroke.
Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, I am not sure, but if you type in Jobcentre Plus web site will tell you should get to the Jobcentre web site and they have a list of the rules and information. They also have a section on disability and people called Disability Advisors, who may be able to help.

The CAB is also a mine of information and a call to them may be the best first move. Its independant and confidential.

I am sorry, I know how hard it is, I am in a similar position. I've been signed off for six months now. I have OA in my spine and joints and I'm a care assistant, which is very heavy! Good luck, and let us know how you get on. Love Sue