Trying to conceive with arthritis and im new to this site.

Options
laina2009
laina2009 Member Posts: 14
edited 8. May 2009, 11:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi every one im new to this site and im looking for friends who are trying to conceive with arthrits.
Iv had the condition since 2 years old m now 26 i came off methotrexate and meloxicam in sep08 and came off the birth control in Nov 08 so iv been tracking my cycles for 5 months and trying to conceive but nothing yet,its only this month i finally got a possitive ovulation test to prove to me im actualy ovulating.
Iv been using the clearblue fertility monitor to aslo help me know my more fertile days which i found good.

Im currently unemployed thank god becouse i could never manange to work standing all day without no drugs and also worrried about joint damage for my future.

Is there any one out there currently TTC or if not how long did it take you to catch?

Its seems miscarages are commen for women with arthritis which is realy sad

Hope to hear from some of you soon

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Laina

I just wanted to welcome you to the site, and to wish you good luck with your pregnancy hopes. I can't answer your questions, but there will be others who have been in your situation, and I'm sure that they will be able to advise you.

I know only too well how disappointing it can be when you are trying for a baby. It is an emotional roller-coaster, because your hopes are continually raised and dashed each month. I went through it when I was in my twenties, and it seemed like all my friends got pregnant so easily. You have to be careful that it doesn't take over your life,because it can easily do so. Five months isn't so long, so I hope you will get some good news one day soon. I also hope you can cope with the arthritis without the drugs.

All the best, and I will think of you.

Joan :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi

Sorry I can't help but wanted to welcome you to the forum. Have you seen the pregnancy and arthritis thread just a bit further down the page? Hopefully this might give you some help but I'm sure someone will be along soon :)

Love
    Vonski x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hello Iaina :)

Welcome to the forum. Another newbie. :) There have been quite a few in the last couple of days.

I am well past those days of trying to conceive but I wanted to wish you all the best with this and I agree with Joan that 5 months is early days yet.

There have been quite a few threads on this subject over the time I have been on this forum.

I am sure you will make friends on here with peeps that are going through the same as you.

Best wishes
    Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Hi there, I'm not TTC but wanted to wish you every success. I have OA and have had it for 21 years only realising after having my son. They said to me the reason I got away with it for the past 4 years when it was starting to progress to end stage is that the arthritis kind of goes into remission like with MS when you are pregnant. I wasn't on any drugs during my pregnancies. I would discuss with your Dr what is safe for you to take and if coming off your meds will help you fall pregnant. Some drugs hinder that. I hope you have some good news to share with us soon x I'd just add, I was in advanced deterioration stage of OA when I fell pregnant with both my children and I had two healthy pregnancies. I hope that reassures you. xx
  • jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    Options
    Hiya,
    I've had ra for 11yrs and I'm 26. Last July I came off Leflunomide in order to conceive. There was a bit of confusion over how long I was meant to be off them before trying. I had a wash out after Christmas and have been told that its ok to start trying but we're going to wait a year.
    I've been signed off from work since Christmas as I'm no longer taking any effective drugs and the RA has been fighting back.
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Laina,

Hello and welcome to posting.

As other have said there are a number of threads on here about pregnancy and arthritis and I noticed you've seen the massive one on the main page - bet you needed a flask of coffee and plate of sandwiches before you'd finished reading that one :shock:

I wish you luck - I've had RA for 23 years and bought up 2 sons and will say it's well worth the battle.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    Laina,

Hello and welcome to posting.

As other have said there are a number of threads on here about pregnancy and arthritis and I noticed you've seen the massive one on the main page - bet you needed a flask of coffee and plate of sandwiches before you'd finished reading that one :shock:

I wish you luck - I've had RA for 23 years and bought up 2 sons and will say it's well worth the battle.

Luv Legs :D

Hi Laina
    Just wanted to welcome you and say hi although I cant answer your questions. Would you have more joy on the Young peoples forum? havent actually read many posts on there but it might be worth a try. Loads of people visit this site so someone is going to come up with stuff to help you out. It took me ages to conceive my 2 children and that was way before i had arthritis and on any drugs, so i know how difficult it is but try and be patient and as Joan says try not to let it take over your life. (easier said than done though!)
    Good luck
    Gillx :P
  • hels78
    hels78 Member Posts: 60
    Options
    Hi, I was going to direct you to the pregnancy and arthritis thread on here but you have already had directions so thats good! :D I have been TTC for 18 months now with no luck but we are staying positive and continuing to try. Maybe see you on the other thread and good luck!
  • lynnemarie
    lynnemarie Member Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi

I just wanted to say, i am not sure on how the drugs you have been on effect your fatility, but know with my first child, it took nearly 6 months after coming off the pill to concieve!!

I think it obviously alters from person to person, but wanted to say dont worry, it WILL happen when you least expect it to!!!

Good luck and enjoy the trying part! :lol:
  • suziev
    suziev Member Posts: 252
    Options
    hiya

i took me nearly three year of ttc with my son no arthritis i then got extra present of inflammatory arthritis with the birth of my son BUT only took me one month of trying with my daughter with arthritis!

i know all to well about TTC and in the end i was put on the drug clomid which worked very well for me hence my son!

you may not ovulate every month! which was my problem they think.
    the amount of times i heard your trying to hard make me want to hit the person in the face with a frying pan!

however there is a good way to get pregnant ie: try on day 12 and day 15 of your cycle. it's not romantic i grant you.

i would say if your not pregnant after 9 months go back to your gp and ask to see an infertility nurse, it will take a few months to get an appointment anyway. your then in the system and they can do tests. don't be fobbed off cos of your other health issues it's of benefit to get pregnant as soon as pos.

i have read and come arcoss women then did have miscarriages it is known and i have to say that i felt like death warmed up the first few months and worried the whole time that it would happen to me, however i have two great kids worth all those hours of upset and crying :lol:

enjoy yourself
    suzie x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Bumped up for Sabreena
    Toni x