Back home

Options
caravancollie
caravancollie Member Posts: 66
edited 29. Apr 2009, 12:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone,
I'm back home from Thr last Monday.feeling good, mobilizing and resting.feel so much better after a couple of nights in my own bed and some excellent care from my husband. The nhs were amazing but there's nothing like home comforts is there?
Elaine

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Totally agree with you Elaine! :D There is nowhere like home. :D
    Good news all round then. Hubby coming up trumps too. :lol::lol: Wishing you a continuation of feeling good and going from strength to strength each new day. A balance of exercising, walking and resting and you will progress well.

Wishing you the very best,
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • lindah
    lindah Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Welcome back and all good wishes for a continuing recovery.
    Linda H
  • ikesother
    ikesother Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Hi there, glad your home and and getting all the TLC! Im still waiting for a definite date for my THR, having had it cancelled once. Hearing others positive experiences definitely helps my nerves!
    Enjoy all the good weather jk :wink:
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Welcome home, you'r right, however nice the staff and hospital, its not home! Hope all continues to go well for you. Love Sue
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Hi Elaine, good to see you are home and doing well. It's so true, nothing like your own home and bed. I hope your recovery keeps going well and well done to your other half for taking such good care of you. x
  • josiec
    josiec Member Posts: 386
    Options
    HI Elaine,
    So glad to hear all went well and you are home again-it's always good to be back at home isn't it? Hope your recovery continues to go well, take care
    Best wishes,
    Josie :lol:
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Home is where you heal, I always feel. Now don't overdo things, take the time to rest and get over your surgery - sorry being bossy yet again :oops: .

Enjoy your new hip and the freedom you'll regain. :wink:

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • jeanniep
    jeanniep Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi Elaine
    I have been home a week after THR, so I know what you are going through! Like you, I thought NHS staff were brilliant, and I am also getting well looked after by my other half.
    I beginning to find the balance between resting and doing too much, (especially when I feel better in the mornings, then I pay for it that night). :roll:
    One thing that surprised me was the amazing pain relief available in hospital - hardly felt a thing for three days!
    Hope your recovery continues well
    Take care
    JeanP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    Hi Elaine
    Glad you are home! :wink:
    Hope your recovery is swift
    Toni x
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Elaine
    Glad you are home! :wink:
    Hope your recovery is swift
    Toni x

Hi Elaine
    good you are back home now and on the mend. :lol:
    Hope your road to full recovery is an easy one. careful not to do too much on the days you feel fine as it does take a while to be back to normal and you do have to be a bit patient.
    love Gillx
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 26. Apr 2009, 14:25
    Options
    Hi Elaine
    Nice to see you are back home again, away from the snoring no doubt!! :shock:
    Take it easy, don`t be tempted to do too much too soon, it is not worth it! (from experience :oops: )
    NB
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Elaine,

Glad it all went well, and your back home. I really hope you have a good recovery and are not going mad on it.

Take care, Cris
  • miss_l
    miss_l Member Posts: 138
    Options
    Im so pleased to hear your home and everything has gone well !

Hope you continue to improve

x
  • caravancollie
    caravancollie Member Posts: 66
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Thank you so much for your messages of support. I was planning a trip to the garden gate but the weather is awful here. Trust me to have missed most of the sunshine, still spring is here it should get warmer and hopefully more painless for us all.
    Best wishes
    Elaine :lol:
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Thank you so much for your messages of support. I was planning a trip to the garden gate but the weather is awful here. Trust me to have missed most of the sunshine, still spring is here it should get warmer and hopefully more painless for us all.
    Best wishes
    Elaine :lol:

Hi Elaine, I think that's very sensible to set yourself little goals, not quite the same thing, but after my sections I did this, just a wee bit at a time and increased the difference everyday, even though I thought I could go further, I took the Dr's advice just to pace myself and it really worked.
  • greyheron
    greyheron Member Posts: 167
    Options
    A belated 'welcome home' from me and lots of good wishes for a steady recovery. I'm a TKR rather than a THR but I do agree with the 'don't too too much' advice - but easier said than done I know.

Take care

Wendy
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    What a shame. We've had sun all day in Norfolk! Quite windy though, and a bit chilly, but nice to have sun. Hope tomorrow is a sunny day for you and you can go for your walk. Love Sue