Can't you tell theres RAIN on the way OUCH!!!!

snoops
snoops Member Posts: 29
edited 26. Apr 2009, 16:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
Morning All,
Hope you all had a fairly Good Night. Had to get up at 3am & take stronger ones, dyhydracodeine, am wary of them, only take them when I have to. Must do as you have all told me, go & talk to the GP about better painkillers!!
Hope Christov is a bit better today. Its so awful when the arthur gets you so low you wonder what its all about & thoughtless people make awfull remarks !!! Its funny how this thing we have makes us so sensitive in our feelings. I actually feel guilty haveing this. Mind you my hubby has told me I must not let this affect the family!!!
Ann XX

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good morning Ann :D

Don't say rain is on the way. :(:( I know it is forecast for monday :( It is glorious out there today - mind you have only been in the garden to feed our three fish in our little pond but I love them! Will venture out later on my bicycle and take in some rays!

Sorry to hear you did not sleep too well. I did not get to bed (on here of course and sorting out photos on photobox!) until 1.00 am and then slept ok :D

What do you mean you cannot upset the family?! It is life, ain't it? Life is not rosy all the time and so why pretend that it is? It is good to talk. It is no good bottling problems up, is it? Anyway, you have found us lot now, so you can log on and chat to us as often as you wish.

I hope your day goes ok,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi,
    I know the forcast said showers, but its fine here and the sun is shining and its quite warm apart from the breeze.

I must say, I have had an achy neck and shuolders today, so perhaps we will get rain. We do sometimes seem to have different weather here in Norfolk!

Hope the sun soon shines again for you and the achyness goes.
    Love Sue
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Always! I say to my hubby on waking "it's been raining" he looks out the window and says "yep it's dinging down" he thinks it's amazing us with Arthur can tell especially when it's been a glorious day before and no sign of rain. It's those damp days that get me, it aches to the core. The sciatica is always worse too on wet days. I've just booked a holiday yesterday to Rhodes in July, I am craving some warm healing weather. Worrying now about having a bad day when I'm there. But just the thought of waking up with less pain gives me something to look forward to.
  • snoops
    Always! I say to my hubby on waking "it's been raining" he looks out the window and says "yep it's dinging down" he thinks it's amazing us with Arthur can tell especially when it's been a glorious day before and no sign of rain. It's those damp days that get me, it aches to the core. The sciatica is always worse too on wet days. I've just booked a holiday yesterday to Rhodes in July, I am craving some warm healing weather. Worrying now about having a bad day when I'm there. But just the thought of waking up with less pain gives me something to look forward to.
    Hi eckstar,
    Went to Rhodes last year, hardly had any bad aches or pains!!! Just laying in the sun feeling the warm sun hit all me bad spots was sheer heaven!!!! :D
    I found that useing 2 pads on the sun-lounger was a good idea as I found it very painful & hard to get up. Of course the warm pool was glorous!!! Going round the Old Rhodes town is a bit dodgey because the roads are cobbled so be careful & make sure you wear trainers. The buses are great there for getting about & very reliable.
    Have a GREAT TIME & I am very jealous!!! :wink:
    Ann XX
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    snoops wrote:
    Hi eckstar,
    Went to Rhodes last year, hardly had any bad aches or pains!!! Just laying in the sun feeling the warm sun hit all me bad spots was sheer heaven!!!! :D
    I found that useing 2 pads on the sun-lounger was a good idea as I found it very painful & hard to get up. Of course the warm pool was glorous!!! Going round the Old Rhodes town is a bit dodgey because the roads are cobbled so be careful & make sure you wear trainers. The buses are great there for getting about & very reliable.
    Have a GREAT TIME & I am very jealous!!! :wink:
    Ann XX

Hi Ann thanks for that, we got engaged there and had planned to go to Vegas where our honeymoon was to celebrate 10 years together, after the diagnosis we realised that was out so we opted for Rhodes again. I'm so glad you had no aches or pains there and had a great time. That reassures me. thank you
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hey Ann
    we are a kind of family too and you won't upset us!
    If you are suffering you don't have to put on a brave face here.
    Take care and I hope you have a better night tonight.
    Sleep well
    Toni xx
  • snoops
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hey Ann
    we are a kind of family too and you won't upset us!
    If you are suffering you don't have to put on a brave face here.
    Take care and I hope you have a better night tonight.
    Sleep well
    Toni xx
    Hi Toni & All Freinds,
    I feel like its a close knit community & when on here I feel sane!!!
    My hubby is ex-army & not very easy to talk to. I do alot of listening. Hes very good but he likes things just so. Bless him!!
    Take care Ann
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Ann

I agree with what has already been said and hope you find the people here very helpful. Putting a brave face on things is all well and good but inside you still have it there and thats when you find this site so good. the fact they are friendly helps to eh?

As to do you know when rain is coming............Yes as far as I am concerned. Mind we have so much ad you people with sun you are so lucky............. Take care, Cris
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Ann
    Glad you feel at home already :)
    Here there are no brave faces unless you want them!! :wink:
    Hope to see you posting more in future!
    Take care
    Toni xx
  • achinbones
    achinbones Member Posts: 9
    Hi Ann

I've found the forum really helpful and I've only posted a couple of times!
    It's funny though I know when it's going to rain but I'm much worse in the heat. I spent 3 weeks in Spain the other year and my o/h had to help me dress and I spent much of the time with fingers the size of sausages and throbbing. Does anyone else suffer more in the heat?

Achinbones
  • tanith
    tanith Member Posts: 175
    Must say I never notice any difference with the weather... just some days it hurts and other days it doesn't no rhyme or reason to it...
    Our worst times are always our best lessons.