Very Achy Recently

jaspercat
jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
edited 28. Apr 2009, 08:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone, hope that you are all feeling as well as possible, I am feeling a little rough just recently, I have been visiting my father-in-law in hospital, and now have my brother in hospital, he had a burst stomach ulcer and was having emergency surgery last night, I waited up until the hospital rang at 5am and said surgery was finished :):):):)

We have been going all over the place but today all my joints are angry with me, so we are not visiting anyone, I am even struggling to do my knitting love Jaspercatxx

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Jasper,
    I'm very sorry to hear about your troubles. Its such a worry I know, and you feel shocked and helpless. Maybe your extra achy ness and pain are because you are tense, which is understandable, also unable to get the rest you need. Have you thought about having a word with your GP or rhummy? They may be able to give you something to help over the first rough period and get your health back on track. Try not to overdo things generally and let some of your daily chores go. It does't matter. I'm sure the hospital will take care of your brother.

You must be very tired at the moment and that won't help.

I've had a perforated duodenal ulcer. 4 weeks in hospital with complications but I'm fine now.

I send you my love and prayers, Sue
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Hi Jasper

Sorry you're not too good today, you have a lot on your plate right now. All the hospital visiting and stress on top is forced to effect you. Try and have a relaxing day today if your not visiting and pamper yourself :) Hope your father in law and brother both make a quick full recovery.

Love
    Vonski x
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Hi Jasper

Sorry to hear you arent too well at the mo.

Hope you and your family feel much better soon.
    Its hard to do hospital visits when you arent
    very well yourself, plus the worry it brings too.

What are you knitting?
    Interested as I knit and crochet when the
    wrists will allow.

Love Kath
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Jaspercat
    Maybe it's time for a little YOU time now!!!
    Rest up a bit - you can - alwys phone their respective wards and leave them a message.
    In the meantime i cross everything I can for them
    Toni x
  • josiec
    josiec Member Posts: 386
    Hi Jasper,
    Sorry to hear about the difficult time you are all having at the moment. I do hope your father in law and brother ae on the mend very soon. In the meantime, try to take any opportunity to rest that you can, and as others have said, leave any household tasks that aren't absolutely essential-your routine is disrupted and you are under a lot of strain at the moment, so you can't add all this onto your usual workload. Your health needs are important too!
    Sending very best wishes,
    Josie :wink:
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    josiec wrote:
    Hi Jasper,
    Sorry to hear about the difficult time you are all having at the moment. I do hope your father in law and brother ae on the mend very soon. In the meantime, try to take any opportunity to rest that you can, and as others have said, leave any household tasks that aren't absolutely essential-your routine is disrupted and you are under a lot of strain at the moment, so you can't add all this onto your usual workload. Your health needs are important too!
    Sending very best wishes,
    Josie :wink:

Hi jasper
    All the others have done the advice bit so I just wanted to say that i am sorry you are feeling so rough at the moment and hope it passes really quickly.
    Wishing you your brother and father in law all a very speedy recovery from your ails.
    love Gillx 8)
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    008.GIF
    Just echoing what everyone else has said! Hope you all get well soon. Jackie x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Jaspercat,

I am so glad it has gone well for your brother.

You take care of your self and have a rest and I hope you soon feel more like your normal self. Does Jasper help you knit? My lot would love me to play with a ball of wool.......I would never get a line done! :lol: Take care, Cris
  • jaspercat
    Hi, thanks very much everyone, I did stay at home today, I have checked with both hospitals, father in law ok waiting for some more tests, my brother is in the high dependency unit for a few days and has been asleep most of the day, my sister in law is ok with me not visiting, but I will go on monday.

Vonski, I am knitting a crew neck jumper in pink, but all different shades of pink, I did try a cable pattern but it was too complicated, I only manage a few rows at a time, I think I will still be knitting it in 2 years.

Skezier, the real Jasper only gets in the way, he chases the ball of wool all over the place grrr!! love Jaspercatxx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Jaspercat

I have just caught up with this, and I'm sorry to hear that you are having a tough time at the moment. Hospital visiting is always tiring, and stressful too. You were wise to have a day off because it wouldn't help if you were ill as well. I hope your father-in -law and brother will soon get better.

A big purr from Tommy Tucker, and good luck with the knitting.

Joan :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • vonski
    Hi Jasper

Jumper sounds nice, I love pink and purple :) You might have it finished for winter you never know. I haven't done any for years, might have to start.

Glad everyone seems to be improving. Your brother is in the right place and will be well looked after. Hope he's on general ward soon. How have you been today, did you manage to relax? Hope your pain has improved.

Love
    Vonski x
  • jaspercat
    Hi Everyone, well everyone seems to be recovering slowly, as for my aches I feel worse, I have pulled a muscle in my back, and all I can say is ouch!!! was supposed to see my gp today but I have put it off until next week, as I can barely walk today love Jaspercatxx
  • frogmorton
    Oh Jaspercat
    to think I was sure you'd be feeling better today! :shock:
    That was too optomistic!!
    Glad to hear the hospitalised persons are faring ok and you msu , like it or not, I guess continue to rest!!
    I hope a good nights' sleep helps
    Take care
    Toni x
  • vonski
    Hi Jasper

Try some heat on your pulled muscle, I always find it helps. Never understand why they are so painful though :roll:

Love
    Vonski x
  • woodbon
    Hello,
    Ohhh a pulled back muscle, nasty! :( I'm glad the family are improving. Love Sue
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Jaspercat,

Just seeing how you are today? Pulled muscles hurt and I hope yours is settling down now.

Your Jasper is very well behaved, my lot love wool and take it off to knit their own thing....... It has to be said they aren't very good and you can never work out what it was meant to be but I can't ever knock their commitment! :lol: Cris x
  • frogmorton
    Hi Jaspercat
    I was wondering if you felt any better too? and the hospitalised ones too.
    Cris
    cats do seems to put a lot of holes in their knitting don't they?? :wink: Not sure about their eye for colour either...
    Toni x
  • jaspercat
    Hi, feeling slightly better still in pain though, my brother is much better and came out of high dependency unit this morning, I am visiting later today. My father in law is no better, they want to do a cystocopy under general anaesthetic he refused, they want the family to persuade him, trouble is that means me, I am going to try on thursday, will be asking if they can do it under a local, he might allow that, thanks for asking love Jaspercatxx
  • woodbon
    Hope everyone is still going on alright. Its so difficult and worrying isn't it. Thinking of you all. Lots of love Sue xxx