Cider vinegar..does it help?

Options
frogslegs
frogslegs Member Posts: 26
edited 27. Apr 2009, 10:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
Met someone today while I was walking around a vide grenier and they mentioned that taking cider vinegar had helped her husbands pain in the neck! She said it took about 6 months to actually stop the pain. Any thoughts?

Comments

• vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi

Both my hubby and me have taken cider vinegar and honey on and off over the years. It does seem to help but we are never sure if it's just in our head. You know how it goes desperate to find some relief so convince yourself it works. Still keep going back to it though :D Just hold your nose and down in one or you won't do it :lol:

Love
    Vonski x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    I took it for years but did not find that it did me any noticeable good. When I finally stopped taking it, I was just the same! Some people swear by it though. We are all different. No harm trying. It is cheap enough or was when I was "drinking" it. :lol::lol:

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    My mother-in-law takes it everyday. Saying that she still had to have both hips replaced. Not sure if it does any good - maybe it's the placebo effect? She's always been the lively sort and often wonder if its all the coffee she drinks!
    :lol:
    frogslegs wrote:
    Met someone today while I was walking around a vide grenier and they mentioned that taking cider vinegar had helped her husbands pain in the neck! She said it took about 6 months to actually stop the pain. Any thoughts?
  • mouseymousey
    mouseymousey Member Posts: 283
    Options
    I don't know, maybe I veer to sceptical. But, I quite like the stuff so when I make salad that's what I use...(also love raspberry vinegar but it seems to have gone out of fashion).
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Anything is possible, but I don't think I could face it! Love Sue :)