Painfull Day

Options
snoops
snoops Member Posts: 29
edited 28. Apr 2009, 06:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Morning You Lovely Lot,
Told you it was going to RAIN!!! LOL.
I hurt from head to toe. Everything hurts. I wouldnt mind if I had done anything energetic!!! Anything would have been nice but this bloody lot was starting up 2 days ago. Funny how you know its going to really start up for no reason. Do any of you get a fluey sort of feeling as it starts up bad?
Sometimes I would just like to dissappear & live on my own with this Arthur (whoever he is!!!) & not inflict this on everyone. I feel so useless, miserable & i feel I should take my pain away with me somewhere. God knows how long its going to last this time!!!
Still I now know I am not on my own!!!
Take Care All
Ann XX

Comments

• susie51
    susie51 Member Posts: 57
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Anne sorry to hear you having a bad day! Sometimes I just sit on the edge of my bed in the morning and remember the days when I didnt have pain, just leaped up, ran down the stairs and got on with the day etc. Its so energy draining isnt it especially at my time of life when energies start to get less anyway!! and clumsy well dont get me started on that one. I do try to just face the day and get on :roll: but every now and then a really bad day comes along :cry: and all I can do is be totally self indulgent, so take a tip from me its one of those days for you :wink: best wishes Susie
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    Hi Anne, That flu like feeling i get it all the time its like a general unwell feeling, i think it must come from the inflamation. I told the Rheumy i felt sick all the time he replied you will do, no i said i feel really ill he replied you will do lol. Best thing to do when your bad with the pain is try to rest up and chill out. Take Care
    Colin
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Hi Snoops and Susie (hey, a twin picture thing person *lol*)

I know just what you mean. I ache today, I knew it was raining even before I got out of bed. Snoops what you said about flu type systems really struck a chord with me because that's how I've been feeling on and off all weekend.

Another reason to hate the rain, my main one is that it makes my hair go frizzy!

Nx
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Sorry Colin,

Didn't mean to ignore you there - we must have posted at exactly the same time!

Nx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    gentle hugs to you and wishes for better weather hope it soon passes xxxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • breane
    breane Member Posts: 392
    Options
    Hi Ann,Sorry to hear you've had a really bad day. :( Mine has been a bad night,no sleep at all because of painful shoulders.Yesterday wasn't too bad,did a bit of gardening and sat in the sunshine for an hour or so, but last night was the pits! :x Went to bed at 10.30pm woke at 11.15am with severe pain and was then walkiing around the rest of the night trying to take my mind off it.Isn't strange how pain always appears worse at night?The night seemed to go on forever.I think last night was the lowest I've ever felt.Thinking back to how I used to be,always on the go,enjoying going out to work(had to give up working three weeks ago),I am now a totally different person.Do you find yourself getting grumpy?Can you see no light at the end of the tunnel?I have found that family and friends don't seem to understand just how bad the pain can be and just see us as moaners.I wish they could walk in our shoes for a couple of days and they would soon see how bad it can be. I hope you soon have a good day. Breane.x
  • snoops
    Options
    breane wrote:
    Hi Ann,Sorry to hear you've had a really bad day. :( Mine has been a bad night,no sleep at all because of painful shoulders.Yesterday wasn't too bad,did a bit of gardening and sat in the sunshine for an hour or so, but last night was the pits! :x Went to bed at 10.30pm woke at 11.15am with severe pain and was then walkiing around the rest of the night trying to take my mind off it.Isn't strange how pain always appears worse at night?The night seemed to go on forever.I think last night was the lowest I've ever felt.Thinking back to how I used to be,always on the go,enjoying going out to work(had to give up working three weeks ago),I am now a totally different person.Do you find yourself getting grumpy?Can you see no light at the end of the tunnel?I have found that family and friends don't seem to understand just how bad the pain can be and just see us as moaners.I wish they could walk in our shoes for a couple of days and they would soon see how bad it can be. I hope you soon have a good day. Breane.x
    Breane,
    Yes, Yes Yes :roll: in answer to all your questions. My nights seem to be getting worse & I try to stay in bed but am lately haveing to get up. Bless him he gets up to but wish he would just leave me on my own. Do you find yourself wanting to be on your own more. I cry alot. At the drop of anything :cry: . Must go & see my GP because I know I am depressed. The hardest part is admitting it. Then you have to find the words to express how bad you feel- Then you feel a hypochondriac because you think is it really that bad!!!!
    I think someone has nicked the light from the light at the tunnels exit & bolted the door!!! No I do not at this present time see any light there & have thought many times what is out there & I do not want this for the rest of my life!!!! No Nobody but us lot on here understands. Thank God Your all out there :D:lol:
    LUV Ann xxxx
  • snoops
    Options
    colinone wrote:
    Hi Anne, That flu like feeling i get it all the time its like a general unwell feeling, i think it must come from the inflamation. I told the Rheumy i felt sick all the time he replied you will do, no i said i feel really ill he replied you will do lol. Best thing to do when your bad with the pain is try to rest up and chill out. Take Care
    Colin
    Hi Colin,
    Fellow Old Bloodhound, 8)
    Am chilling Old Bean!! Hope you are to. Glad others have that Flu like feeling. I thought as usual along time ago it was ijust n my mind.
    Glad to know its not. Relieved even its not.
    Hope you have a restfull day.
    Take care
    Ann xx
  • snoops
    Options
    bertyboy wrote:
    gentle hugs to you and wishes for better weather hope it soon passes xxxx
    Hi Berti,
    Return Gentle Hugs to you & hope the Sun Shines Soon for all of us.
    Ann XXX :D
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    Rain - last thing I heard before going to bed last night was the weatherman saying we need some rain! Well he bloomin might :(
    From what I've read here, its the rain responsible for my aching knees yesterday and today.....

Regarding going to bed, although I love to slip into it at night, I hate knowing that next morning I'll be full of aches, pains and stiffness. So much for waking up 'refreshed' and 'energised' :shock:

Its pouring down now so, altogether: "I'm singin in the rain, just singin in the rain" s010.gif

Jackie x
  • snoops
    Options
    jackie1955 wrote:
    Rain - last thing I heard before going to bed last night was the weatherman saying we need some rain! Well he bloomin might :(
    From what I've read here, its the rain responsible for my aching knees yesterday and today.....

Regarding going to bed, although I love to slip into it at night, I hate knowing that next morning I'll be full of aches, pains and stiffness. So much for waking up 'refreshed' and 'energised' :shock:

Its pouring down now so, altogether: "I'm singin in the rain, just singin in the rain" s010.gif

Jackie x
    Hi Jackie,
    What with all the morphine in our systems plus other ingredients we should be as High as Kites & leaping around!!!!LOL
    Yes it is a releif getting into bed but you lay there knowing what it is going to feel like when you wake & wonder is it worth going to bed. But you long to stretch out don't you? :roll:
    Ann xx
  • susie51
    susie51 Member Posts: 57
    Options
    snoops wrote:
    breane wrote:
    Breane,
    Yes, Yes Yes :roll: in answer to all your questions. My nights seem to be getting worse & I try to stay in bed but am lately haveing to get up. Bless him he gets up to but wish he would just leave me on my own. Do you find yourself wanting to be on your own more. I cry alot. At the drop of anything :cry: . Must go & see my GP because I know I am depressed. The hardest part is admitting it. Then you have to find the words to express how bad you feel- Then you feel a hypochondriac because you think is it really that bad!!!!
    I think someone has nicked the light from the light at the tunnels exit & bolted the door!!! No I do not at this present time see any light there & have thought many times what is out there & I do not want this for the rest of my life!!!! No Nobody but us lot on here understands. Thank God Your all out there :D:lol:
    LUV Ann xxxx
    Oh bless I do know what you mean about being left alone, for me its just that extra feeling that I dont want to be constantly seen to be upset! I have to say I recognise everything you have rather eloquently, said; been there etc. I am currently back on the anti depressants. Crying and getting anxiety attacks is my wake up call, its happend 3 times now over 15 years. My Dr helped me understand that taking the antidepressants gave me a better chance to recover my equilibrium and keep it going. The longest time I have taken them is almost a year, that was the first time too. So my advice would be to go and talk to your Dr and/or RA nurse there is no point in struggling with these feelings, we all have to learn to give up so much to this disease and it can become a bitter circle; managing this is exhausting and exhaustion makes managing it difficult/impossible. This is the worst time of the year for us, all resources ground down by the long winter months. Take care and all the help you can get, good luck Susie