Humira, gold, bloods am i a pin cushion?

purvesrosie
purvesrosie Member Posts: 59
edited 27. Apr 2009, 17:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,
Just thought i'd write and let you know what going on with me. I was assesed for humira and they said yes! i had first injection today the nurse came and was really nice, it wasn't to bad but i'm not the bravest when it comes to needles. Also the rhuemy has put me on gold injections weekly which i get at the doctors alongside weekly blood tests. I feel like a bit of a pin cushion at the moment but the thought of feeling better is getting me though it. I already feel mentally better after failing on 5 dmards! I've not had any dmards for a few mths so it's good to know this might be working.
Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel, I'm a bitt worried it will be a failure again but trying hard to ignore those negative thoughts.
Hope your all as well as you can be
Rosie
x

Comments

• colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi all,
    Just thought i'd write and let you know what going on with me. I was assesed for humira and they said yes! i had first injection today the nurse came and was really nice, it wasn't to bad but i'm not the bravest when it comes to needles. Also the rhuemy has put me on gold injections weekly which i get at the doctors alongside weekly blood tests. I feel like a bit of a pin cushion at the moment but the thought of feeling better is getting me though it. I already feel mentally better after failing on 5 dmards! I've not had any dmards for a few mths so it's good to know this might be working.
    Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel, I'm a bitt worried it will be a failure again but trying hard to ignore those negative thoughts.
    Hope your all as well as you can be
    Rosie

Hi Rosie
    Stay positive and i hope it works well for you. it is so dissapointing when a drug ends up not working. Just keep them positive thoughts flowing take care
    Colin
    x
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Hi Rosie and Colin,

Yes, stay positive and keep us informed of what's happening. I've been coming on here a few weeks but have to get my "fix" of what you're all up to!

I personally don't mind needles but dread any kind of examination because I'm so ticklish. I'm sure it says "Behaves like a child" on my hospital records.

Nx
  • northumbrian
    northumbrian Member Posts: 25
    Hi I was the same 18 months ago, then Humira came along. I get no side effects evryone says I look 10 years younger, I certaily feel it. As a bonus the psoriais cleared up also in a few weeks. I know it does not work for everyone but keep positive, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Best wishes and hope you feel better soon.