new tests

Options
airwave
airwave Member Posts: 579
edited 1. May 2009, 05:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All,

Went for my RA blood tests yesterday, and the lady says they only do esa tests not ccp, please excuse if I get them wrong its a new language, so much for the new tests!

Five days to wait, :roll: tum de tum......... and then a doctors appointment and then........

8) Its a grin, honest!

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    Sorry, I don't know either and I've had the test, which was nagative so I didn't have RA. :? Waiting for a result is hard, I know. Someone who knows will be along in a bit. I've a feeling I should know, but can't remember. Its my age :!: :)
  • airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579
    Options
    woodbon wrote:
    Hi
    Sorry, I don't know either and I've had the test, which was nagative so I didn't have RA. :? Waiting for a result is hard, I know. Someone who knows will be along in a bit. I've a feeling I should know, but can't remember. Its my age :!: :)

Well the RA blood test result was negative, but they didn't use the newer tests, so all the pains are down to OA, hey ho, no extra drugs to take.

So, where do we go from here?

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Airwave,
    My Rumo did some bloods on me last month, he said they were ones the gp doesn't have access to so there really are new test out there.

I am having problems getting the results, though if it was any positives you'd think they'd say? My doctors say they can't get the results and I will have to wait for the hospital....... I saw the pain clinic and she couldn't get them on the screen but promised to send me a letter with the results in it. I have a drip next week and hopefully they can tell me while I am in there. It's not always can you get the tests....... I can't get the results!

My Rumo also said he wouldn't believe a negative result, I don't know what that means either but they will get there, you just have to keep on at them.

Take care, Cris
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Apparently you can be tested negative for RA and still have it.

This is called seronegative rheumatoid arthritis and is made up of 20% of all rheumatoid arthritis sufferers. The good side of this is that this usually indicates a less severe course of the disease.
    s040.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Thanks Joseph that must be what he meant. Its only my hands and feet that made him say it, he said I had the classic signs of ra so will have to grovel to the ward staff for the results! You take care, Cris