Tingling sensation in lt arm

marie48
marie48 Member Posts: 189
edited 30. Apr 2009, 14:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
I just wonder whether tingling sensation and pins and needles are the same thing!! I have constant tingling sensation in my left arm, it usually starts in my lt thumb and then spread in my arm. I still have feeling in my lft arm, it does not go numb. I have always referred it to as pins and needles. Scan shows trapped nerve in neck. Thanks

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,396
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Marie
    Think they are the same thing - just a matter of description!
    Poor you!
    Toni xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Marie,

As Toni says they are much the same just varying degree's. I used to get a kinda electric shock that went down my arms if I was sat down and down to my feet if I was stood up every time I looked down but now they have given me the Pregabalin and the jabs in my neck it is just pins and needles to one shoulder so maybe you could ask for better pain relief or poss physio? There maybe a way to get the nerve de trapped? It's not nice but I think you could get some better management from the hospital. Take care, Cris
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    HI Yes, it does sound like the same thing, I get it in mainly my left arm and hands. I have carpel tunnel and a bone spur touching my spine, so I'm not sure which is causing which. :? Have you seen your GP? I hope so. Love Sue.