OFF SICK,WORK WANT MEETING,OCC HEALTH NEXT WEEK

megmot
megmot Member Posts: 26
I have been sign off for a month and it could be longer as i seem to be getting worse instead of better not looking forward to work ringing for a meeting as i now they need someone there if i am not and then occ health i dont no if they will help me as my boss is paying them to see me.i am going to see the CAB tomorrow and get some answer's to a lot of questions,It seems as if i am having a new tablet every week, just so fed up and do not now where i am going in live all i am sure of is that i wake up in pain and go to sleep in pain. :(:( [/u]

Comments

• ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello there,

You sound like you're having a really tough time at the moment and your worries about work aren't helping.

First off, make sure that WHEN your workplace want a meeting, you are prepared for it. This means getting in touch with any union reps or colleagues that could support you at the meeting, having notes of your history and medical history and what's happened so far. It also can't hurt to look at your work's policies on disabilities and whether they're complying with the DDA (job centre should be able to help or the internet?). You should be able to get this information from the HR department and if the info doesn't arrive in time for the meeting, then ask for the meeting to be rescheduled.

Above all though, look after your health first and foremost. It won't do to make yourself more ill through all this stress.

Nx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hello,
    I know what you mean, I'm going to a work meeting tomorrow about my sickness. Occy Health has recommended ill health retirment, they sent me a copy of the report. I've arranged for a union rep to attend with me and I've got all the paper-work, apart from one report. Paper and pen at the ready! I've just phoned my manager to tell her that I am bringing the union rep. I thought it would smooth any feathers as I am unsure what Human Resorces have told her. The advice from the previous person (sorry, I've forgotten the name for now!!!) helped me. Thank you.

Love Sue
  • megmot
    THANKYOU FOR YOUR REPLYS THE THING IS NOT A MEMBER OF UNION AND THERE IS NO hr AS THEY ONLY EMPLOUED FOUR OF US AT HOUSE ,AND TO TOP IT OFF THE ACCOUNTENT IS MY LINE MANEGER AND I ONLY FOUND THAT OUT FROM occ hEALTH.
    O hell sorry nid not notice text till now in to much pain to write again
    thankyou both
    Meg x x
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Hi Meg

No problem at all, everyone on here is always happy to help and I do like giving my opinion!

If I were in your shoes I would visit either the Citizens Advice Bureau or the Job Centre to talk to someone about your situation and see if someone from there can attend the interview with you. From reading other people's posts on this, they have always been very helpful.

Nx
  • megmot
    ninakang wrote:
    Hi Meg

No problem at all, everyone on here is always happy to help and I do like giving my opinion!

If I were in your shoes I would visit either the Citizens Advice Bureau or the Job Centre to talk to someone about your situation and see if someone from there can attend the interview with you. From reading other people's posts on this, they have always been very helpful.

Hi i went to CAB yesterday and they were not helpfull at all just said to go back if i cannot work,Today have been to Gp and she hase uped my pain relife and sign off untill end of june work rang to see how i was going and to let me now they will have to get cover with me been off . Occ health on Monday pm see what they have to say what a week a feel like a pin cushon after all blood tests.Thank you it helps to talk Meg x x :? :|
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    Hi Meg, I hope all goes well with occy health.
    In terms of not being a union member, it does not have to be a member of the union who goes with you. If you have a friend or family member who is level headed and supportive they can go with you to meetings as your representative. Linda
  • megmot
    petmad wrote:
    Hi Meg, I hope all goes well with occy health.
    In terms of not being a union member, it does not have to be a member of the union who goes with you. If you have a friend or family member who is level headed and supportive they can go with you to meetings as your representative. Linda

Hi Linda
    Went to GP yesterday she has sing me off until end june,dont now what work will think of this. Thank you for your reply i will do that.Not had a good start to today as it started a four this morrning i will try and have a sleep soon.
    Meg x x
  • megmot
    Well i have changed my painkillers a couple of times think i am getting there now,Off sick untill end june,occ health report has arrived this morrning saying o could be offa couple of months and probably longer and i would have to have a phased return. Work have rang to let my now there is someone starting cover for my job.
    I have spoken to nurse and she is on about my having another steriod inj i had last one on 17 April cannot get to see consultant as she has a back log after been off sick. I HAD EIGHT HOURS SLEEP FIRST TIME IN EIGHT MONTHS i normaly do not like to get up i love my bed i have had four hours sleep all nigh and felt ill with the pain i hope i iam on the road to getting a bit better fingers crossed.
    LUV Meg x x :)