fibromyalgia

Options
jennyb
jennyb Member Posts: 25
My rheumatoid doc thinks that i have got this im doing bloods and x rays tomorrow, to make sure it's not anything else.

I have googled it on the computer and i seem to have a lot of the symptoms, but i have had a lot of them for years and thought everyone was the same, it was when i got the pain that i new something was wrong but thought it was arthritis.

Has anyone else been like this only to find out years later it was fibro.

I have always been sensitive to taste,hearing, hot and cold memory loss [thought that was my age] ringing in the ears

what im asking is does that mean i have had this for years without knowing?

Is there any one out here who can tell me the next step when i get diagnosed.

thank you

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,497
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    jennyb wrote:
    My rheumatoid doc thinks that i have got this im doing bloods and x rays tomorrow, to make sure it's not anything else.

I have googled it on the computer and i seem to have a lot of the symptoms, but i have had a lot of them for years and thought everyone was the same, it was when i got the pain that i new something was wrong but thought it was arthritis.

Has anyone else been like this only to find out years later it was fibro.

I have always been sensitive to taste,hearing, hot and cold memory loss [thought that was my age] ringing in the ears

what im asking is does that mean i have had this for years without knowing?

Is there any one out here who can tell me the next step when i get diagnosed.

thank you

Dear Jenny B

Thank you for your posting on the forum. It is best to talk to your doctor about whether you could have had this condition for years.

If you are diagnosed with the condition for information on the condition and the next step if you follow the link http://www.arc.org.uk/arthinfo/patpubs/6013/6013.asp as this will lead you to the Arthritis Research Campaign’s booklet on Fibromyalgia.

There is also an organisation called Fibromyalgia Association UK that offers lots of information about the condition including support groups and a helpline service. Their helpline number is 0845 345 2322 and website address is www.fibromyalgia-associationuk.org. You can also call us here on the helpline if you would like us to send you information about the condition or if you would like more support from our helpline team. I hope this is helpful.

Best Wishes
    Dawn