newbie inspired to join by article in Scottish Herald

Options
leanne758
leanne758 Member Posts: 4
edited 8. Jul 2009, 16:22 in Say Hello Archive
Hey everyone, my name is Leanne, I'm 28 and I've had arthritis since I was 3. I've only just begun to accept it in the last year or so. I've been in denial and wouldn't speak about it at all. I read an article in the Scottish Herald today which made me log on here and see what it was all about. Wish I'd done it sooner!

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hiya! Leanne :D:D

I bet you wished you had joined earlier! :lol::lol: Welcome to the site. :D It is brill and very addictive :lol::lol: Thank goodness you read the article or you still would not have found us all. It is a great place for help, sympathy and a good laugh too and we all need that, don't we?

Look forward to seeing you posting lots,

Look after yourself,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hi Leanne

Welcome to the forum. You have certainly been a very brave girl if you were diagnosed at 3. Did you have to take any kind of medication from that early age? And how did you cope with school?
    I may sound nosy but I find it amazing that children so young can have this disease, whereby their immune system is attacked like it is.
    I do hope you will find some inspiration on this forum. There are some very inspiring people on it and now you have joined it.
    Hope you find the answers you are looking for
    luv
    joyful
  • leanne758
    leanne758 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Joyful,

I was on various types of medication as a child but I don't remember much as I was too young. all I remember was that the medicine rotted my teeth and I had to be taken off it! I wore splints up until the age of 12. It was pretty hard going at school cos children don't understand and so I was bullied. Glad those days are behind me! I certainly have stories to tell - my wrists and fingers have really bad joint damage which is irreversible because I didn't do all the things I was supposed to as a child.
    But arthritis is part of my life - I don't know what it's like to be any other way.