Hi Everyone

sammy15
sammy15 Member Posts: 19
edited 21. Jul 2009, 16:14 in Say Hello Archive
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here but have been reading your great forum for a little while now ,so i thought it was about time i got registered and to say hello.
I was diagnosis with RA in May of this year after having a sudden on set of great pain and stiffness at the start of January this year,I saw the doc back in Jan as i had a lump came up on my right ankle and he wanted to do blood test before he decieded to drain it (as it was stop me from driving) anyway the resaults came back with my CPR being raised and he said then that i could have Arthritis ,well in that week between having the blood taken and getting the resaults my joints became very painfully so he said he would make me an appointment with the hospital ,well guess what he never put the appointment threw as he forgot to press the button on the computer (thats was his excuse) anyway i was put on diffrent meds that would help for a little while then the pain would come back,I finally got my hospital appointment and then aweek before i was due to go it was cancelled for training day i was in tears so hubby took me back to the docs where we saw another doc and she was fantasic she phoned the hospital and got me another appointment there and then and put me on some other meds ect.
so finally in May i went to the hospital and saw the consultant who was really nice put me on more med including mtx.
I have just finished my every 2 week blood test and everything seems to be going ok with my body coping with the meds so now going over to the 4 weekly blood test,but i still seem to suffer with daily pain there is`nt a day that go`s by were i am not suffering i know i should not complain as i am not as bad as i was for the first 4 mts were i could not move or do anything and my 17 year old daughter looked after me and did everything, took me to the toilet ,showered me daily ect ect and even slept on the sofa next to me as i was in so much pain i could not get up the stairs to my bed.Now 7 mts on i am still sleeping on the sofa because i have tried to sleep in the bed a couple of times and i am so very stiff in the mornings that sleeping on the sofa is`nt so painfully and it saves me being in even more pain then what i already am plus the only bathroom in my house is down stairs.
over the last 7 mts i have became quiet low at times as i feel a prisoner in my own home and i miss the job i love so much which was a commuinty care worker.

anyway i have gone on a bit to long now lol but its great to be hear and to be able to speak to others in the same boat maybe i should have signed up earlier

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    sammy15 wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here but have been reading your great forum for a little while now ,so i thought it was about time i got registered and to say hello.
    I was diagnosis with RA in May of this year after having a sudden on set of great pain and stiffness at the start of January this year,I saw the doc back in Jan as i had a lump came up on my right ankle and he wanted to do blood test before he decieded to drain it (as it was stop me from driving) anyway the resaults came back with my CPR being raised and he said then that i could have Arthritis ,well in that week between having the blood taken and getting the resaults my joints became very painfully so he said he would make me an appointment with the hospital ,well guess what he never put the appointment threw as he forgot to press the button on the computer (thats was his excuse) anyway i was put on diffrent meds that would help for a little while then the pain would come back,I finally got my hospital appointment and then aweek before i was due to go it was cancelled for training day i was in tears so hubby took me back to the docs where we saw another doc and she was fantasic she phoned the hospital and got me another appointment there and then and put me on some other meds ect.
    so finally in May i went to the hospital and saw the consultant who was really nice put me on more med including mtx.
    I have just finished my every 2 week blood test and everything seems to be going ok with my body coping with the meds so now going over to the 4 weekly blood test,but i still seem to suffer with daily pain there is`nt a day that go`s by were i am not suffering i know i should not complain as i am not as bad as i was for the first 4 mts were i could not move or do anything and my 17 year old daughter looked after me and did everything, took me to the toilet ,showered me daily ect ect and even slept on the sofa next to me as i was in so much pain i could not get up the stairs to my bed.Now 7 mts on i am still sleeping on the sofa because i have tried to sleep in the bed a couple of times and i am so very stiff in the mornings that sleeping on the sofa is`nt so painfully and it saves me being in even more pain then what i already am plus the only bathroom in my house is down stairs.
    over the last 7 mts i have became quiet low at times as i feel a prisoner in my own home and i miss the job i love so much which was a commuinty care worker.

anyway i have gone on a bit to long now lol but its great to be hear and to be able to speak to others in the same boat maybe i should have signed up earlier

Hi Sammy

No worries about your other posting. It does not matter if you add to another person's posting. If the mods notice, they will delete it, I am sure. We can delete our own messages on all the other forums but unfortunately not on that one!!!

Anyway, really pleased that you have decided to join us, after looking around and reading other messages to see what we are all like. :D Welcome. :D We are a friendly crowd here and it is a great place to call in and ask questions, get sympathy or pour out all your troubles. I am sorry to hear you had such a bad time for so long. You are very fortunately to have a lovely daughter to care for you. She is a star.

Look forward to seeing your name around the site.

I hope your weekend goes well,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Hi Sammy, sorry that you are in so much pain. Arthritis is no fun at all, is it? I hope the mtx kicks in soon.

Take care

Deb
  • sammy15
    Thank you for your warm welcomes.

Quick question when you say
    I hope the mtx kicks in soon
    does that mean i still am waiting for it to work i have been on it 12-13 weeks now.
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Hi,

I think mtx should have kicked in by now, have your ESR rates come down or become steadier? That would be a sign of improvement. Mtx for me is not working so now its anti-tnf!! Hope you improve soon

Janie
  • sammy15
    have your ESR rates come down or become steadier?

I have never had the test for ESR ,but i did have my CPR done begining on April and it was 55.
    Can i ask for a ESR test to be done?
  • sammy15
    hi sammy im new too, welcome, we seem in same boat on some things , i sleep on sofa as im so stiff in bed when i have flare ups,my loo is down stairs, i do home care and love it :D im sorry about your pain hun, come in and SHOUT if you have too xx jan

Hi Jan nice to meet you too,it does seem we have somethings in common which is a great help to me lol as i just felt i was the only person sleeping on a sofa due to pain and stiffness and of course from having bathroom down stairs so its great to relate to someone who is in the same boat,and how cool is that ,that we are both in homecare i am really missing my job so much and i do often wonder if i will be able to return as i went off sick 29th dec 2008 and have`nt been able to return yet due to all this pain and suffering and that gets me down as well not being able to do the job i love.
  • sammy15
    Oh no Jan sorry to hear your news ,i am the same if i could bring all the clients home with me i would ,i dealt with the old as well as kids and love my job so much.
    so i know you must feel gutted right now at what you were told.
  • sammy15
    Oh sure is.
    I am off to doc later today need to get a new sick note and want to speak to her about panic attacks i have been having lately and also to see if i can have any stronger pain killers ,sick of being in pain everyday.
  • sammy15
    Well got another sick note for 2 more months.Was also given an antidepressant for my panic attacks and was given Tramadol to help with the pain.
    So looks like i am going to rattle more then ever now :roll: but if it helps with the pain all well and good.