work in cafe

elaine1033
elaine1033 Member Posts: 47
i work in a cafe i used 2 work 40hrs plus a week but had 2 cut down because i was just 4 nothing and always stiff sore and tired.i cut back 2 25hrs a week which i quite liked. then 11wks ago i feel at work hurting my hip and back ave been on ssp since since the fall i been feeling more and more pains in my hand hips feet and back .i awake in morning feeling like someone has jumped all over me,i cant sleep well at nite as turning in bed is painful ,i take celebrex and painkilllers and some nites i take sleeping tabs if i really am in pain and cant sleep.i go 2 physio 2moro 4 1st time and i hope it helps my back a bit,i only will be working 3days a week if i ever get back 2 work starting at 8.30 until 5.30 i feel at mo i couldnt do these hours as i cant even manage much house work either.i dont no how my boss feels bout my time off but i feel like a con as sumtimes i call in 2 work and ave a quick chat with workmates who i miss it is getting me down not knowing what my future is going 2 be like. :cry: god i can sure moan :lol::lol: sorry

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, No need to apologize for moaning on here as we all do it from time to time and this is the best place to do it. !

As for work, have you discussed what you do with your physio or your GP? They may be able to get some advice about what is best for your health. Giveing up work is a big step, even if the money isn't a problem, it is a different way of life and takes ajusting to. I am in that process now, haveing been medically retired. But that dosn't mean I will never do anything again, far from it. I may do volutory work or I may be able to get a parttime job somewhere. It just means for the moment I am having too many problems and treatments to work and my previous job will always be too heavy for me, I think. You'r in that position now, although you still areworking, I sense that you feel its something you worry is going to be too much to go back to. I hope that you can get some help and advice about what you should be doing. Love Sue
  • elaine1033
    elaine1033 Member Posts: 47
    thanx 4 ur advice will be going 2 docs next week 2 dicuss my work and what i should do .i always feel tired and depressed i no there r ppl a lot worse of than myself but i think i ave 2 face up 2 things now and realise i ave 2 take things easier.feel so old now even thou am am 40 ,some of my friends r older than me and they r fitter than me :cry:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    know where u r coming from go into town with my mum (72) i have to tell her to slow down on a bad day lol :D:D i am 48 going on 88 some days do 4 hours a day and that is enough fall asleep when get in on bad days :cry::cry: . so talk to your doc dont rush back u will only make things worse good luck :D:D
    val
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, I some people may be worse than you, but that does'nt make your problems any less important. Don't worry about what others think its how you feel thats important. I'm sure that all your worries about work are having an effect on how you are. Once you have sorted out what you'r going to do you will feel better, I hope. If you give up this job, it may give you time to consder what you want to do and how you can do it. The Jobcentre have people to help called Disability Advisors and they should help you look at what you can do and how to do it. They also can give help and advice about training, I think. So it could be an opportunity for you!
    Love Sue :)