When in a hole stop digging.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
A long while back I upset my on site rep due to some bad advice from a close friend who persuaded me to contact the union for some further advice due to the fact he wasn’t forth coming with specific information, what exactly happened was the person I contacted at head office didn’t e mail me back but just passed my e mail straight to him and he got very upset about it, , since then he’s avoided me and when I saw him last time he was slightly sarcastic about my slowness whilst going down the stairs from his office, the thing is he is on the board of the company pension scheme and is respected within the company, he’s has been ok’ish up until now but I’m starting to feel he’s only doing the bare minimum for my cause ever since he took a chunk out of my backside for going over his head, I’m now not really sure if I want him to represent me but I don’t really want to upset him or the union anymore than I have and anyway the replacement will have to be advised by him about local company rules which would give him ample opportunity to do me over if he wanted to. Catch 22 or what. :oops:

Comments

• markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Typical union i would have said,they don't show much interest, they just want an easy life to read the papers.

Personal opinion doesn't stop him doing his job though,people don't like critism but he represents you and being sarcastic is not on.If it were me i would arrange a meeting to sort it.Take it higher if you need to.

Good luck,let us know what happens.
  • karenblack
    karenblack Member Posts: 12
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    A long while back I upset my on site rep due to some bad advice from a close friend who persuaded me to contact the union for some further advice due to the fact he wasn’t forth coming with specific information, what exactly happened was the person I contacted at head office didn’t e mail me back but just passed my e mail straight to him and he got very upset about it, , since then he’s avoided me and when I saw him last time he was slightly sarcastic about my slowness whilst going down the stairs from his office, the thing is he is on the board of the company pension scheme and is respected within the company, he’s has been ok’ish up until now but I’m starting to feel he’s only doing the bare minimum for my cause ever since he took a chunk out of my backside for going over his head, I’m now not really sure if I want him to represent me but I don’t really want to upset him or the union anymore than I have and anyway the replacement will have to be advised by him about local company rules which would give him ample opportunity to do me over if he wanted to. Catch 22 or what. :oops:
    If your Union Rep is not doing his job whether paid or not, you as a union member can have him removed from office, just remember you helped put him there in the first place so, my advice is if your not happy with him ask for a union meeting and put a vote of no confidence against him.

Karen