Hi :o)

Options
carolyne
carolyne Member Posts: 3
edited 15. Aug 2009, 13:21 in Say Hello Archive
Hello All,

My name is Carolyne, I'm 33 and was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis a little over a year ago. I have a partner that doesn't really 'get it'.... doesn't understand & two children (12 & 5).

Suffered various flare ups for over 10 years but the docs kept telling me I'd had a knock and just not realised, though I knew in myself I wasn't quite right, they were adament it wasn't PA so when diagnosis finally came last year it was kinda welcome but also not if that makes any sense :lol:

Am currently on Sulfasalzine and have seen many consultants since diagnosis seem to finally have one that will remain fairly constant & she is planing on introducing me to Methotrexate in a couple of months.

Look forward to getting to know you all & hopefully making full use of the boards

:D

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Carolyne,

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find it as useful as I have done and they are a nice lot. I have recently started sulfa, I just have trouble remembering to take them! :wink: Anyway I hope you enjoy posting. Take care Cris
  • carolyne
    carolyne Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome :)

I have to admit I have trouble remembering if i've taken them or not! I'm on 5 a day & have started putting 10 in a small tablet bottle & leaving them by the laptop so I can keep track & take the right amount :lol:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Carolyne,

Oh I have so many to take and the omeprazole means you can take them together...... so I forget :lol: . I am meant to be on 5 as well but I am behind in going up though thanks to the reminding of these good folk here i have managed to take 3 a day for the last few days so should go to the 5 next week...... Lets hope they work and do yours make you feel vaguely sick? I really do hope you will find the site good, I kinda rely on it especially on those off days we all get. take care, Cris x
  • madness1985
    madness1985 Member Posts: 293
    Options
    welcome to the forum, im also new but everyone has been very friendly and helpful.

Take Care xx