Hello

Options
madness1985
madness1985 Member Posts: 293
edited 16. Aug 2009, 15:36 in Say Hello Archive
Hi there,

Im vicky, im 24. I was diagnoised with rhmertoid artheritus in February 2009. Since then ive lost 2 stone in weigh my vains wont give any more blood since the weight lost. I am unmedicated coz i also have a heart problem and can not start on any medz as im currently under investigation for a heart op. My ra is ruining my life i have had to give up university, my gp told my partner that i needed a full time career i crnt even get dressed myself. Not along get a drink as i crnt lift the bottle :( i feel as though i have independance as i am also unable to drive at the moment. I wish my life could go back to normal :( i look forward to speak to you all

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Vicky,

Welcome to the site but I am sorry you have had to find us. I hope the investigations will all come together and you will get the help you need and feel a bit less weighed down by it all. In the mean time we are here and will help as much as we all can. Take care Cris x
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Vicky

Welcome from me too, I think you might be a bit shell shocked right now as you really have a lot to deal with. Like Cris has already said I hope the investigations can show what you need to make things easier.

Love
    Vonski x
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Hello Vicky,

You need all the help that you can get, have you got family who help you dress etc? Can they take you out?

If not get yourself referred to social services and OT, they will do an assessment of your needs. Also apply for DLA, it will give you money to help you.

I feel for you, please post and read on here often to get support, we help each other get through the bad times.

Janie
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Vicky

I am so sorry - it is heart breaking to read your post. You had so much going on without being diagnosed recently with RA too. Life does seem very unfair at times. It must be such a shock to go downhill so quickly. It must be a great shock for your partner too. I hope you have people around who are helping you, on a day to day basis. I also hope that a heart op goes ahead if that is what you need and then the RA can be controlled. I am sure you will be able to return to uni should you so wish. Please call in as much as you like, we are here for you and although we may not have answers, we do offer lots of sympathy.

I sincerely hope life improves for you soon.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • carol71
    carol71 Member Posts: 131
    Options
    What a lot you have to deal with at the moment Vicky.
    Hope you get your op soon, then treatment can start for your OA.
    Keep posting here for support

Carol xxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hello Dear Vicky

You have got a double whammy you poor thing.Your R A is very severe. Medication would probably help you but you have other complications to deal with.I can only wish you well.Please come on the forum if you feel isolated and need to chat, if you feel well enough to type.
    i felt like you in the early days and also lost 2 stone in weight in 8 weeks.i am much better now 4 years on
    Regards Tkachev
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • madness1985
    madness1985 Member Posts: 293
    Options
    Hi All,

Thank you for all of your messages it has been a hard year for me, as i lost my mum august 2008 so all this with out my mum has been hard. I have just got back from my gp's unfortunatly ive now bruised my foot too and crnt walk on it (aparently its the artheritus). To top my day off they are trying for blood again next week and they intend to now test me for anima, over reacted thiroirds & diabeties i just hope ive not got ne of these as i dont no how much i can take.

I have got an amazing amout of friend who are all really understanding and talk to me at all times day or night when im low or crnt sleep because of the pain which im very lucky to have. I also have an amazing family who have had to deal with the lose of my mother as well as my ill health rolling out but they have been great.

Im very lucky to have an amazing medical team from my GP to consultants who are constantly checking im ok. My partner has become my f/t career at the moment so lifes tough but im so glad my partner is here to help me, from getting me dressed to supporting me.

Im waiting for an OT to come out as i crnt flush the toilet, turn the tabs on or lock/unlock the doors! Hopfully they will hurray up cuz i want some independance back its fustrating that i crnt even flush the toilet myself :(

I have been granted medium rate care but my gp is helping me make an appeal because he was not happy as to what i was award.

Anyway hope your all ok,

take care x
  • suziev
    suziev Member Posts: 252
    Options
    hi vicky

i just had to say hello and wish you well, you sound like a lady who is taking all the knock that life can give and going with it. i do hope you get your heart sorted soon and that they get your bloods, if there is something else there then at least you can get treated for it and you may find you feel better it amazing what an iron tablet or thyriod meds (in my case) can do to make you feel so much better.
    when i was pregnant i had a flare up and no meds so i have a very small idea of how bad you feel without any meds to control your ra.
    i wish you all the best and hang in there, it's going to get better soon :)
    suzie
  • oopie07
    oopie07 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    hi, my name is louise, i haven't been on the forum for a while but when i read ur post i couldn't help but reply.
    i completely empathise with how u must be feeling. to go from a normal active person to not so active person is heart wrenching, especially at ur age. my problems started when i was 27. i was fitness mad, thats the irony!! i ran all the time, went to the gym, swam, took my dog on long walks and it started to rapidly disappear. i know its easy to say but stay mentally strong - a try ur hardest to move, even if its just a little bit at a time. don't let it get u!! i know u have this problem with ur heart - but the docs cant ignore this they have to give u some kind of treatment, and when it kicks in it will help u. u will start to feel urself again, things will never be like b4 and u have to be mentally prepared for that but they will get better. take care lots of best wishes to you xx

Hi there,

Im vicky, im 24. I was diagnoised with rhmertoid artheritus in February 2009. Since then ive lost 2 stone in weigh my vains wont give any more blood since the weight lost. I am unmedicated coz i also have a heart problem and can not start on any medz as im currently under investigation for a heart op. My ra is ruining my life i have had to give up university, my gp told my partner that i needed a full time career i crnt even get dressed myself. Not along get a drink as i crnt lift the bottle :( i feel as though i have independance as i am also unable to drive at the moment. I wish my life could go back to normal :( i look forward to speak to you all