Another newbie saying hello

miss_blu3y
miss_blu3y Member Posts: 10
edited 17. Aug 2009, 14:50 in Say Hello Archive
Hi guys,

My name is Carly, i'm 28 living in Manchester.

I've not formally been diagnosed with any particular type of arthritis.. not that I'm really fully aware of all this stuff anyway. In January I was told I have inflamatory arthritis and was put on Plaquinel.

I've struggled with Docs in the past telling me 'it's all in your head' - the last straw was back in November last year when a doc suggested I see a shrink... I told him 'OK, I will go to a shrink, but first I want a referal to a rhuematologist to confirm it is in my head' - Rhumy was quite quick to tell me that something was up.. relief to be honest.

As my Aunt was dx with rhumatoid arthritis in her early 20's its probable that's what I have, but in early stages - non of my blood work is showing signs so they are just monitoring me for now. Only obvious sign which may be related are the bunyons on my feet... at 28... its just crazy. Some days i feel like an old woman.

I was doing ok until now, cuz the plaquenil was keeping away those things that bugged me loads. I have my final case study exam for an accountancy qualification in 3 weeks and I think the stress is agrevating me.

Are migraines/UTIs common with arthritis? Cuz they've also just come back in the last few weeks, and I know its stress related but just wondering if there is a link with arthritis.

Anyway, pleaseed to be here. It took almost 2 yrs for my Aunt to get diagnosed so I'm not expecting anything anytime soon.

Regards,

Carly

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Miss Blu3sky,

A big welcome to the forum and I really hope they will get to the bottom of whats going on with you soon. Come and join us all on the other forums, will look forward to seeing you post. Cris
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Carly

Welcome to the forum. We all try to help each other and offer lots of sympathy and support. Look forward to seeing your name on the LWA site. Why not post your question there about migraines/UTIs. I think, like you say, probably aggravated by stress but others may have different ideas. Pleased to hear the rheumy you saw was sympathetic. Unfortunately we often have to keep on at the medics to help us, so you are not alone there. It is not unusual to be told it is all in your head, which is ridiculous, isn't it? It doesn't help matters at all being told that either, when you know, it is not.

Look after yourself,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • miss_blu3y
    elnafinn wrote:
    Hi Carly

...... Look forward to seeing your name on the LWA site. ......

Elna x

Elna, what is the LWA site? ooo is it living with arthritis?
  • elnafinn
    miss_blu3y wrote:
    elnafinn wrote:
    Hi Carly

...... Look forward to seeing your name on the LWA site. ......

Elna x

Elna, what is the LWA site? ooo is it living with arthritis?

Spot on, Carly! :wink::D:lol::lol:

Speak laters!
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Carly welcome from me too!
    Pleased to meet you. You seem to have a good atitude to all this which will stand you in good stead. The guys on these forums are wonderful always there to support you, give you some advice or have a laufgh with.
    Welcome from me
    Toni x
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    Hi Carly

I am quite new to this forum but not to experience with 'arthur'!I have had P/A for 2 years!! there are good people on this site who listen to every thing that you write about - about 'arthur' or just life!!!!!

you do have a good atitude but expect to go through all sorts of emotions - this i feel is part of accepting 'arthur' into your life!!

L x
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • miss_blu3y
    Thanks guys,

you'll be seeing me around more often.

I've never been much of a forum person though to be honest, I've been online for 10+ years but always in chat rooms (and playing computer games online!) - met my fiance online too he's wonderful.

It's nice to be around ppl tho who understand - yea my aunt has rhumatoid arthritis but i've not spoken to her in over 10 years so good to have the internet to connect to others with similar situations.

I guess the best way to make friends here then is to just get active on the forums? Are there any chat rooms?

Thanks guys.

Carly
  • elnafinn
    Hi Carly

No chatrooms, here. You will have to venture into the other zones. That is were we all are and that is where the action is, if there is any :!: :lol::lol::lol:

Why not try it! We don't bite!

Luv
    Elna x