Hello

Options
acheybreaky
acheybreaky Member Posts: 2
edited 20. Aug 2009, 08:03 in Say Hello Archive
I saw my GP today, told me ive got arthritis in my shoulder....

What does this mean for me???

I found this forum whilst looking for info so here I am. After a few hours a lot of my questions have been answered already.

Ive been suffering from joint pain, stiffnes and fatigue since late 2008. Pain Rx Voltarol, Cocodamol, Panadol. Not very effective.

I started takintgTramadol, just to get some sleep.

I am going to see a Consulted in a few weeks, though. I always thought arthritis only affected old people.

Mind I will be 40 in October. :lol:

Im sure i can count on this forum for support, and i will deffinitely give input.[/b][/b]

Comments

• karinak
    karinak Member Posts: 113
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I saw my GP today, told me ive got arthritis in my shoulder....

What does this mean for me???

I found this forum whilst looking for info so here I am. After a few hours a lot of my questions have been answered already.

Ive been suffering from joint pain, stiffnes and fatigue since late 2008. Pain Rx Voltarol, Cocodamol, Panadol. Not very effective.

I started takintgTramadol, just to get some sleep.

I am going to see a Consulted in a few weeks, though. I always thought arthritis only affected old people.

Mind I will be 40 in October. :lol:

Im sure i can count on this forum for support, and i will deffinitely give input.[/b][/b]

Hello ,I am new too and I have RA and i am 46!,shock to my system and i suddenly felt really old!, having 1st consultation tommorow and glad to get it out of the way and tell me the nitty grittys!
    take care Karina
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Achey

Welcome to the forum but I am sorry that you have need of us, if you know what I mean. Arthritis does not only affect old people, as you have unfortunately found out. It can affect babies as young as 6 months.

This is really just the Hello zone (introduction) and you would be better off joining us all on the Living with Arthritis, the Chit Chat Zone or whichever other one you please. We are all in the same boat and offer help and sympathy to each other as much as we are able to do so.

Hope to see your name around the forum,

Look after yourself,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Hello and welcome from me too.
    Glad to meet you and as Elna says sorry you need this! :wink:
    Hope to see you on the other forums. Oh yes I am 46 too :oops:
    take care
    Toni x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi and a big welcome from me, Tkachev.

I am also 46 and have had arthritis for nearly ten years.It will be my arthur anniversary in early November, not that I plan to celebrate!
    It has become part of my life.Rehab said not to let it take over and he is so right.

Llots of love and stuff
    Tkachev
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein