ESA and half pay

lesleygraham
lesleygraham Member Posts: 91
Hi folks
I have been off work for 6 months and just been accepted for ESA, the old incapacity benefit, £65 a week. However, works have told me I will get half pay aswell for 6 months. Is this right? If it is, I'll be no worse off! I also get half my mortgage paid through mortgage protection, so in effect I'm better off not working.
Crazy!!!
Les

Comments

• holmesi
    holmesi Member Posts: 96
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi folks
    I have been off work for 6 months and just been accepted for ESA, the old incapacity benefit, £65 a week. However, works have told me I will get half pay aswell for 6 months. Is this right? If it is, I'll be no worse off! I also get half my mortgage paid through mortgage protection, so in effect I'm better off not working.
    Crazy!!!
    Les
    yep you and me both down to half pay end of september and something from the DWP ,how much dont know,work banging on at me about ill health retirement and hey AtOS doctor hasn't mentioned DDA .sorry whinge over
    holmesi
  • juejue
    juejue Member Posts: 63
    i have gone down to half pay and get more than if i was doing my full hours its made
  • penfactor
    penfactor Member Posts: 366
    Hi there - I have been worried sick all day cos was told my SSP stopped in july so I claimed ESA - now have been told I receive some salary still too. I don't think this can be right so am going to call DWP tomorrow & ask. Have you found out any more since last post? Do not want to do anything wrong & am sooo worried about this :-(
    Pennie
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Pennie

I have applied for ESA today and they know that I am still employed and that my SSP stops next month and it didnt seem to matter. So I assume that what ever your company sick pay policy is does not affect your ESA claim at all.

Hope this helps

Janie
  • kickyloo
    kickyloo Member Posts: 66
    Hi,
    I've just gone down to half pay at work. Can someone tell me what 'ESA' is??
    Also, can anyone easily explain what benefits/ help you can get? I doubt I'm going to be able to get back to work and so likely to be sacked in the next 6 months. I'm really scared and don't know where to start.

thanks to any advice.
    x
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Hi

Is is employment and sickness allowance, replacing incapacity benefit. IF you google it you will find it. As regards to other benefits, I dont know

Janie :)
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    HELLO I hope you are able to manage. All those forms and questions drive you mad. I really hope you get sorted out. The rules are so difficult to understand. CAB will help you to if you need help with forms or anything. LoveSue