ESA after sick pay stops & salary

penfactor
penfactor Member Posts: 366
Hello there - Lesley has also posted about this & I am so worried & puzzled. I have received all my SSP allowance & thought would get no pay after this. ESA is already being paid now I had a paycheck today. SHOCKED as thought mistake. Phoned paybranch & they say I still receive money just need to send letter of ESA award & they deduct that from salary. He said "Your pay does not just stop!". Well my manager told me it did so I am so worried. I don't want to break law & am going to call DWP tomorrow. However it is murder getting through so will keep worrying til I do!
Does anyone have experience of this? If so pleeeease let me know. Can't sleep as it is & just want to concentrate on getting ready for op not worry about being in the wrong!
Pennie X

Comments

• janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Pennie,

You will need to apply for your ESA award from ther jobcentre, then give the document to your payroll. I have to apply for mine as my SSP stops next month too and that's what my payroll have told me to do.

You still get ESA as long as you are sick provided you've paid enough NI so is that what he means when he says your pay does not stop??

Janie x
  • chrissycat
    chrissycat Member Posts: 28
    Hi Pennie

Did you manage to get through to the DWP?

I wouldn't worry about what your manager said. He/she probably knows diddly squat about payroll, legal matters etc. and should say so..instead of spouting out any old rubbish.

The payroll people will have more experience of this, being part of their job. Why don't ring them again if you can't get through to DWP and ask them to explain it more, now that you've had a chance to digest the info.

Take care

Love
    Christine
    xx
  • penfactor
    Hi Janie - thank you for answering - saw your post on Lesley's too. Yes, spoke to both Jobcentreplus & payroll yesterday but still very confused. Payroll say ESA is due me & to send award letter, jobcentre have asked me for letter of pay policy which I have had to email a different department at work for!
    I ended up crying on phone (what I'm like these days due to everything!)
    Why can't things be simple, eh?!
    Love Pennie X
  • penfactor
    Hi Chrissy - just don't want to do anything wrong but realise now I haven't. Am going to try not to worry, as have done everything I've been told.
    Thank you for your reply
    Love Pennie X
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    As you say you've done what has been suggested to you so they can't do anything to you, don't worry but I know easier siad than done!

Janie :)