Just Diagnosed

hollyelaine
hollyelaine Member Posts: 2
edited 2. Sep 2009, 12:57 in Say Hello Archive
Hi
I was given the bad news only on Wednesday of this week that I have RA and I'm showing signs of lupus. Not quite sure how I feel at the moment. I suppose I'm feeling a bit berwildered.

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Holly

I am sorry to read your message and I am not at all surprised that you are feeling frightened and scared about it all.

You have come along to the right place. We are all in the same boat here, to a greater or lesser degree with all the various types of arthritis, on offer. We all help each other as much as we can and are excellent at offering bucket loads of sympathy. There are different zones where you can flit from one to the other.

Any questions, please post away and we will all try to answer them. I do hope you will join us - it really does help to be with others that know how you are feeling and for you to know that you are not alone in all this.

Hope to see your name around the site very soon,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Hi, welcome to the site. It is a lot to take in at first. Quite a few people have overlaps of auto immune disorders. I have RA and lupus and a few other things. It can be called Rhupus!! That is a classification. Take one day at a time, only read up to date info on either condition. Let us know if you have any questions.

Take care

Deb
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    hi and welcome!
    yes it is a real shock to suddenly develop arthritis, i, like everyone else i expect, went through the many stages, why me etc. but things do i promise, get easier.
    take care and again welcome to this very caring supportive forum.
    feel free to moan, laugh and generally join in!!!
    sue
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Holly
    Welcome from me too.
    We all feel very scared and frightened and all sorts of emotions don't we at first :(
    This is a good place to be to work things through with people who understand.
    You don't have to worry about 'dumping' on us like you do your family - because we understand :)
    Take care
    Toni x