A newbie to site but a old pro with RA

dobbie
dobbie Member Posts: 12
edited 2. Sep 2009, 13:41 in Say Hello Archive
Hi I'm Sarah, 28 and have lived with RA for the past 25yrs. I was diagnosed whilst at nursery school and Drs always said I would grow out of it (such a lie!!!). I've had periods of remission (two of which were during pregnacy) but its been active and aggresive for past 18 months. Struggling without meds at moment as I tried 3 DMARDs and had severe reactions to each of them and Rhuemy not willing to try any more of them. Currently waiting for my next rheumy appt (Oct) where he already said I need to consider one of the biologics.

Hope everyone is having a pain free day.

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Sarah :D

Welcome to the site. I am sorry to learn that you were diagnosed with RA as such a young age. You have done and are doing remarkably well. I wonder how old your kiddies are. At least, if you sometimes feel alone with "arthur" you will not on here. We are all in the same boat to a greater or lesser degree and all ages. We offer help as much as we are able and sympathy by the bucket load because we do understand.

I hope your day has gone well and hope to see you posting on the other sites. There are numerous ones to choose from - take your pick or post on all of them like I do. I am greedy! :lol::lol: I have been on the forum for a good couple of years and do find it addictive, just warning you! :lol::lol:

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Hi Sarah and welcome to the site. Sorry you have had such a struggle with RA. Hope the biologics work for you.

Take care

Deb
  • dobbie
    dobbie Member Posts: 12
    Hi Elna and Deb, thanks for the welcome :)

Elna, my girls are aged 3 and 6 years old. I'm lucky that my RA went into remission when I was pregnant and didn't rear it ugly head until after I stopped breast-feeding, I got to enjoy them as babies pain free :)
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Sarah :D

Do please join us on the other zones, this one is mainly for introducing oneself. We would love to hear more from you, that is if you have any spare time with your little girls. :lol:

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Hi Sarah,

A big welcome from me, a mum too who has RA. You will find people on here who have a wealth of knowledge and support. I am going onto biologics, waiting for funding to come through.

Good luck with your treatment

Janie :)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Sarah
    welcome from me too!
    Pleased to meet you.
    You will find yourself at home here and be able to help us lot with your experience.
    Shame about DMARDs, but lets hope anttnfs do the job eh?
    Look forward to seeing you around.
    Toni x
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    janie68 wrote:
    Hi Sarah,

A big welcome from me, a mum too who has RA. You will find people on here who have a wealth of knowledge and support. I am going onto biologics, waiting for funding to come through.

Good luck with your treatment

Janie :)

Hi Janie

Can you explain biologics. When I first went to rheummy they mentioned between themslves and they also wrote a letter to my GP about if they got the funded. They did mention the drug but I cannot remember. It was all confusing at the time

What is the difference taking biologics to the other meds I'm on Sulpha at the moment as they dont know what to do with me. It has'nt helped so far. Many of the other drugs apparently I cannot have.

Trisher
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi Sarah

A big welcome from me. It is mad on chit chat but it's all good fun

The members are all very helpful on here they give you alot of support.

trisher