capability hearing

Options
markc1
markc1 Member Posts: 253
Well its over....despite my having a disability the govenor decided to get rid of me on the grounds of 'medical inneficiency'.
My occy health said i could do a desk job,i agreed and i got turned down for medical retirement on these grounds,but just over an hour ago i got finished!.
Needless to say i'm going to appeal it,but at the end of the day it comes down to this you are better off in prison, and get better treatment, if you are a prisoner,staff don't count one iota!

I can't look for a job while i appeal,union says we will go to tribuneral so that means 2 visits by me to them.This sums this country up,my advice GET LOCKED UP YOU GET TREATED BETTER!!! :x

Comments

• eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    markc1 wrote:
    Well its over....despite my having a disability the govenor decided to get rid of me on the grounds of 'medical inneficiency'.
    My occy health said i could do a desk job,i agreed and i got turned down for medical retirement on these grounds,but just over an hour ago i got finished!.
    Needless to say i'm going to appeal it,but at the end of the day it comes down to this you are better off in prison, and get better treatment, if you are a prisoner,staff don't count one iota!

I can't look for a job while i appeal,union says we will go to tribuneral so that means 2 visits by me to them.This sums this country up,my advice GET LOCKED UP YOU GET TREATED BETTER!!! :x

That's awful Mark. You have a good case though with the OT recommending a desk job, they will have to prove they had none to offer and in your line of work they will be on shaky ground. Take the boogers to Tribunal, that will serve them right for the despicable way you've been treated by them. I will be rooting for you!!
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    what disgusting treatment you have had by your employers :x i hope you go to appeal and get these people sorted out how dare they :x keep us posted on it we are behind you on this one joanne :shock:
    Joanne
  • markc1
    Options
    The thing is i am, or was, a full time employee.I could have done work that is done by 'casuals' ie temps.
    There are loads of things i could have done but to tell me there is nothing anywhere?and i worked a full day yesterday for nothing, now i am in limbo while we appeal.
    Do i sign on or not?any advice welcome. I think i may be able to draw my pension as i'm 50 next week.I feel numb like it hasn't really sank in yet.I feel bitter and angry but not upset.

Thanks for being here and your support. :(
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello Mark, This sounds a really awful story, and so unfair. I suppose it is within the law, but only just, I would think. Have you talked the the CAB, they will be able to tell you your rights and help you with any apeals etc. I hope you can sort things out.Take care,
    Sue
  • markc1
    Options
    woodbon wrote:
    Hello Mark, This sounds a really awful story, and so unfair. I suppose it is within the law, but only just, I would think. Have you talked the the CAB, they will be able to tell you your rights and help you with any apeals etc. I hope you can sort things out.Take care,
    Sue

Union are on to it Sue...will keep you all posted!
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    how about highlighting your case to MP so they can see what happens in reality?
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    I think its downright scandalous Mark, they should bleeding well know better. The positive is, it is well known they should and Tribunals will absolutely relish getting the big fish by the knackers -or fins!
  • penfactor
    penfactor Member Posts: 366
    Options
    Hi Mark
    I am so sad to read your latest post - have been following your story of work probs & would feel every bit as angry as you.
    Am no good at advice like some of our other friends, just wanted to say I think it is disgusting how you have been treated.
    love Pennie X
  • markc1
    Options
    oneday wrote:
    how about highlighting your case to MP so they can see what happens in reality?

Thats a good idea....i will do that oneday....today!