My dogey HIPS

andypipkin
andypipkin Member Posts: 13
Hello everyone i have 3 forms of arthritis, but the one that is giving me great grief is osteoarthritis wich effects both of my hips. The reason why t's giving me grief is that my hips keep giving out and when that happens i can't put any weight on my hips caus the joint won't support the weight and i just topple over, also with severe pain plus when this happens i have great problems getting out of chair.What i would like to ask is what do you think could cause my hip to give out like that? and what would you recomend to help my hip problem? iam only 28

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Andy

There are many reasons why a hip might give way like this but it needs a health professional to examine you properly and advise you as to what is happening.

Have you been referred to physiotherapy recently? A physio is very good at designing an exercise programme to help you keep your joints mobile, improve your muscle tone and keep your weight down to a healthy level. Many people use gentle daily exercise and healthy eating as part of their self management programme.

You say you have three forms of arthritis so I presume you are seeing a consultant fairly regularly. This is someone who could answer your question and suggest treatment options

Best wishes

Val
  • andypipkin
    Hi and thanx for the reply i have been in contact with physo but caus i can't have any disease control drugs for my arthritis due to liver disease they is to much swelling in joints and the physo won't do anything til the swelling reduces in my joints. I only see my consultunt every six months caus he can't treat me that's why i thought i would ask your forum. :):)
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Andy

Welcome to the forum. Your story is beyond belief. I am so very sorry. You are a youngster, same age as my son. I have also just read your reply to another thread on the helpline zone. Why do some docs think it is all in our heads? Quite a few people post saying that. It amounts to gross negligence from the gp you first saw. You would probably have a case to sue this person if you felt strong enough to do so.

I am sorry that I do not have any good suggestions but please do call in on the other zones and get to know us all. You would be made very welcome.

I do hope you will .... I will look out for you.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • andypipkin
    Hi Elna and thanx for your reply and your most kind welcome. I do look back and think wow how did i get through all that, but my main goal is to try and help people who are going through the same situation and offer advice, especialy when M.R.I scanners don't show things up and blood tests are not 100% and the doctors are not being very helpfull i whent through all that and was later told that things don't always show up in the early stages of arthritis. What i also try to do is let them know that there are not alone caus when i was going through it i felt so alone plus the fact i was starting to question my own mental health caus i was in so much pain and the doctors kept saying well the scans are clear so it can't be that bad.Sorrey if i nag but those two years where the worst two in my life. :):)
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Andy

You are just the person we need on this forum to help others who are getting nowhere with the medics. You will have much information and knowledge that you will be able to share with others on here who often feel very alone before they join this forum. We are all in the same boat with arthritis to a greater or lesser degree and of all ages and offer help and support to each other, as much as we can. You most certainly are not nagging and there is no need to apologise at all.

Please join in and share your knowledge.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.