Hi Bex mum and Lisa and everyone else

56lu25
56lu25 Member Posts: 14
edited 17. Oct 2009, 08:54 in My child has arthritis
Hi Everyone

Bexmum and Lisa I have to apologize, i sent you 2 PM's a few weeks back, i don't know if you receieved them but they aren't in my sent box. Could be that you haven't been here, but i'm worried that you both kindly PM'd me and think that i haven't bothered to reply. Hope you and your kids are doing ok and aren't having a hard time of it at the minute. How's it going with your son Lisa ?? Have you seen an improvment with his medication ??

We're having trouble getting harry to the reume (if you have read my rants in the other forum you'll have read all about it). Basically cov hospital haven't referred him due to being short staffed, and are saying it'll take weeks. Went to the GP to ask him to do it through the booking service, he refused (because he doesn't know how to), although had a phone call last monday from my surgery to say they had done it. 2 days later we get an appointment saying the GP had reffered him back to the pediatrician. I rung the pedi secratary who said she would look into it and get back to me, which she hasn't in days.

Then yesterday, I had a phone call from my collegue a school nurse who works in clinics with DR Bailey(child reume). She said that the pedi had mentioned harry to her and she had seen harrys last set of recent blood tests and wants to see him at her clinic in Nov to start him off on injections. The school nurse rung my GP practice manager to complain and they put together a letter of urgent referral for the GP tto sign and send off. So hopefully that will do the trick.

The last 2 weeks have been a bit better for Harry. He's still getting stiffness and pain the back, but he hasnt had much swelling. However this morning he woke up with his foot and other knee balloned up. He didn't tell me though, i had to notice it, and it was then he said it was hurting and stiff and he couldnt bend or flex his foot and toes. We';ve slathered it in deep heat and he's had some ibuprofen and is soacking in the bath.

ANyway guys, thanks for all your support and replies.

xxxxx

Comments

• lisa11
    lisa11 Bots Posts: 20
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    56lu25 wrote:
    Hi Everyone

Bexmum and Lisa I have to apologize, i sent you 2 PM's a few weeks back, i don't know if you receieved them but they aren't in my sent box. Could be that you haven't been here, but i'm worried that you both kindly PM'd me and think that i haven't bothered to reply. Hope you and your kids are doing ok and aren't having a hard time of it at the minute. How's it going with your son Lisa ?? Have you seen an improvment with his medication ??

We're having trouble getting harry to the reume (if you have read my rants in the other forum you'll have read all about it). Basically cov hospital haven't referred him due to being short staffed, and are saying it'll take weeks. Went to the GP to ask him to do it through the booking service, he refused (because he doesn't know how to), although had a phone call last monday from my surgery to say they had done it. 2 days later we get an appointment saying the GP had reffered him back to the pediatrician. I rung the pedi secratary who said she would look into it and get back to me, which she hasn't in days.

Then yesterday, I had a phone call from my collegue a school nurse who works in clinics with DR Bailey(child reume). She said that the pedi had mentioned harry to her and she had seen harrys last set of recent blood tests and wants to see him at her clinic in Nov to start him off on injections. The school nurse rung my GP practice manager to complain and they put together a letter of urgent referral for the GP tto sign and send off. So hopefully that will do the trick.

The last 2 weeks have been a bit better for Harry. He's still getting stiffness and pain the back, but he hasnt had much swelling. However this morning he woke up with his foot and other knee balloned up. He didn't tell me though, i had to notice it, and it was then he said it was hurting and stiff and he couldnt bend or flex his foot and toes. We';ve slathered it in deep heat and he's had some ibuprofen and is soacking in the bath.

ANyway guys, thanks for all your support and replies.

xxxxx
    hi sorry i didnt reply earlier havent been on for a while sam has been having a rough time still not seeing any improvement from the higher dose yet so patince wearing very thin now sounds like yours is too this nhs stinks at least harry is finaly getting seen so that good i wish you loads of luck just keep strong and when you see docs ask and say what you want to say remember its your son and at the end of the day they only have us
    take care ,lisa xxxx :D