Clicking shoulders

wibberley
wibberley Member Posts: 421
edited 30. Oct 2009, 15:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
My shoulders are clicking all the time and have done for the past 4 weeks. 3 weeks ago there was a really deep click in my left shoulder when I was lying on my left side. After that it was quite painful. Now the pain has subsided unless I lie on my left side (so painful, I can't) and when I sneeze.

I mentioned this to my rheumy who just shrugged his non-clicking shoulders(!) and to my doc who just suggested it might be tendonitis and showed me the door! I think the only option left to me now is to prepare myself for a 5-hr wait and turn up at A&E!

I have RA.

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    As no one seems interested in the pain and clicking in your shoulders your best bet may be to go to A&E but you will have to pretend that it has all just happened otherwise they may show you the door too.

I hope you get some answers and the necessary help soon.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Thanks elna. I think I will just have to do that - can't help thinking I may have done something to my collarbone with that big click and the wait of my body. Now just have to think of a believable excuse before I go there!

Wibs
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Little white lie, Wibsy and it's just happened, ouch, ouch. :wink: Who said that? :wink:

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Hi

I agree A & E sounds like your only option but it's the weekend so try and get in before the drunks :wink:

Love
    Vonski x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, A&E is the best place in lots of respects, they can do a quick x-ray, which your GP can't and refer you on if need be! I do hope that you don't have too long a wait. Good luck, love Sue
  • jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    Take a book!!
    Hope you don't have to wait on those horrid plastic chairs too long otherwise it'll set all your joints off.
    Hope you get it sorted though!
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    As Sue said, you can get an x-ray in A&E.

I wouldn't lie about seeing your Dr though. A white lie saying that it got a lot worse during the night maybe. If they ask have you seen your Dr then say yes and that they weren't interested and said they couldn't x-ray it. They can't have a go at the patient if you have already tried that route and been fobbed off. I've done it several times when my GP simply wouldn't see me because they were too busy and it wasn't urgent enough! The hospital have always seen me and been understanding. It's not that unusual. If you are really worried that you might have damaged something then you have as much right to be seen as anyone. In fact more than the drunks who end up in there in my opinion! Monday morning before 9am is always a good time to go by the way, after the drunks and before the ones who's anaesthetic (alcohol) has worn off to realise that they broke a knuckle fighting!! I'm not that cynical, just worked with plenty of Drs who have told me the same thing!