Is it wrong to be happy with diagnosis?

Options
jenzie06
jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
edited 30. Oct 2009, 15:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Last weekend I had terrible shoulder pain (as I've written in another post). Finally got to see rheumy yesterday and within 10mins they had ultrasounded my shoulder and found I had calcific tendonitis. You could see the extra bone in my tendon! I had a steroid into the joint and its already feeling a lot better.

Its never that easy!

Its so lovely to be diagnosed with something that will go away - is that odd?

Comments

• vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi

No no no how could that be wrong :) you've had some good news so be happy.

Love
    Vonski x
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Options
    No, not at all. For a start we all like to know what is wrong as a kind of justification for complaining about it. If it is a fixable problem as well, bonus!!!!!!!!! We don't often get fixable probs when we have arthur!!

I am glad they found out the problem, hope it improves quickly for you.

Deb x
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    Options
    jenzie06 wrote:
    Last weekend I had terrible shoulder pain (as I've written in another post). Finally got to see rheumy yesterday and within 10mins they had ultrasounded my shoulder and found I had calcific tendonitis. You could see the extra bone in my tendon! I had a steroid into the joint and its already feeling a lot better.

Its never that easy!

Its so lovely to be diagnosed with something that will go away - is that odd?

That doesn't sound odd to me. I had suffered back pain on and off for 18years but the Dr's just told me to rest...end off. It was only 2 months ago that i was diagnosed with OA of the spine. Although it's a bit difficult to accept there is no cure, at least i finally have a propper diagnosis and i now know why i'm in pain. I've been taken seriously at last.

Carol XX
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Agreed - it took them more than 3 years to diagnose me with Polymyalgia Rheumatica as a chronic condition. I couldn't so much as turn over in bed, push down the covers, get out of or into bed, dress myself.............the list goes on and on.
    When they finally diagnosed it and started me on steroids it's no wonder I was euphoric!

Annie
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Jenzie

What is odd about it? :D Did you give the rheumy a hug? :wink: You must be on cloud 9 at the mo. I would be!

Hope you have a great weekend :D

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Not odd at all, glad you've been able to get a good result with your injection and got a diagnosis too. Hope it works for a long time and you feel good for ages.
    rita
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Thats how it should be, but when it is, its one heck of a shock! Did you faint, burst into song, or are you sure you didn't dream it up!!! :lol: Well done! So glad everything went well :D Love Sue
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    No its not wrong to be happy about that

I felt pretty much the same way on Tuesday when I found
    out I had a herniated disc in my spine which
    is crushing the nerve paths, hence the
    horrid pain I have in my back so I felt
    pretty much like you did.

No I didnt hug the consultant either, :roll: but
    he was really nice and caring, he said to the nurse
    'get this lady a wheelchair out to the car park'
    where my husband was waiting for me.

Some consultants deserve lots of praise,
    others, mmm, no comment.

Kath
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Jenzie

My right shoulder has been causing me pain for months. When I next see my GP I'll have to say something.

You must be relieved to have it sorted. I've been keeping on top of my meds and when it gets really bad I've been lathering it with deep heat. I have OA in hands - i seem to have lost the strength in my arms/hands.

I'm glad you're having some relief.

Sharmaine