need to talk to boss

Options
nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
HI
As some of you may know I had a long period of sickness earlier this year (11 months) following gynae surgery, problems with OA & then a THR. I am due to go in hospital again, only a day case though, next week but not sure how soon I`ll feel ok to be back at work. My boss has been off on hols and I am seeing her tomorrow to tell her about it. I am also having time off (my own time) every Monday for hydrotherapy.
We are down on staff numbers due to mat leave, retirement etc... and I am concerned about her response to my needing time off again. I know she can`t stop me having time off but I am sure she will be getting fed up of me and my `ailments`!! especially as I am undergoing gynae treatment also, with a view to surgery too.
i have had a nice stress free week off, but am feeling very anxious about seeing her tomorrow.
Thanks for listening x
NB

Comments

• livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    If you have had 11 months off, I am sure your boss will understand. Just try not to get too uptight about it or it will not help.
    a060.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Thanks Joseph
    Your emoticons always make me smile!
    Today went ok, I think. I told her about my hospital date for next week and she said, how much time will you need. As I amnot sure how I will feel afterwards, i am just going to try to keep my diary clear at work and if i do go in soon afterwards , I can be office based for a few days.
    I am being a bit of a worrier at the moment as a lot seems to be happening at once. i will try not to worry (easier said than done!)
    I didn`t sleep well last night, partly due to pain , and partly down to thinking too much! :roll:
    Thanks again
  • masaka
    masaka Member Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi,

You have my sympathy. I had to go in and tell my boss, that having had 4 months off with the hip revision, I then needed to go back in for an eardrum repair. I worried all weekend about it. Like you I have a whole collection of wonky bits. She said the right things, but I strongly suspect that that is not what she was actually thinking.

I do get a bit ratty when we have staff who have had several lots of maternity leave through choice - (quite rightly nobody would dare to give them any grief), but our kind seem to get more hassle for things that are totally outside of our control. It sometimes seems we are fair game.

I am very grumpy today!!!

Hope it wasn't too difficult.

Teresa

HI
    As some of you may know I had a long period of sickness earlier this year (11 months) following gynae surgery, problems with OA & then a THR. I am due to go in hospital again, only a day case though, next week but not sure how soon I`ll feel ok to be back at work. My boss has been off on hols and I am seeing her tomorrow to tell her about it. I am also having time off (my own time) every Monday for hydrotherapy.
    We are down on staff numbers due to mat leave, retirement etc... and I am concerned about her response to my needing time off again. I know she can`t stop me having time off but I am sure she will be getting fed up of me and my `ailments`!! especially as I am undergoing gynae treatment also, with a view to surgery too.
    i have had a nice stress free week off, but am feeling very anxious about seeing her tomorrow.
    Thanks for listening x
    NB