hello, newly diagnosed

salamander
salamander Member Posts: 1,906
edited 7. Dec 2009, 11:54 in Say Hello Archive
Just wanted to say hello. I've posted on the helpline page (?) but wanted to post here too. I've got seronegative inflammatory arthritis. Not entirely sure what the difference between that and rheumatoid is as my GP says the management is essentially the same. Due to go on Methotrexate in new year. Have been on steroids since August when I was hospitalised for two weeks - things were pretty bad. I lost my mother through septicaemia a couple weeks after so it's been a bad, bad year for me. Glad you are out there though.

Comments

• kaylouis
    kaylouis Member Posts: 2
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    sally36 wrote:
    Just wanted to say hello. I've posted on the helpline page (?) but wanted to post here too. I've got seronegative inflammatory arthritis. Not entirely sure what the difference between that and rheumatoid is as my GP says the management is essentially the same. Due to go on Methotrexate in new year. Have been on steroids since August when I was hospitalised for two weeks - things were pretty bad. I lost my mother through septicaemia a couple weeks after so it's been a bad, bad year for me. Glad you are out there though.

Hi Sally
    Sorry to hear about ur mum, I have just been diagonosed with RA, feel really sad most days and in a lot of pain, when did u find out about urs and how are u managing?
    Kay
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Sally and Kay

Welcome to the forum. We all try to help each other and offer sympathy. Why not join us on the Living with Arthritis zone or the Chitchat zone, if that rocks your boat. :)

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • salamander
    thanks Kay and Elna. Nice to know there is some support out there.
    S
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Sally

I'm sorry I can't advise on the health issue as I have OA but so sorry you have had a really rough time recently. Just wanted to say welcome and send a hug. Do post on the other forums, I am sure people will help if they can. Hang in there.
    Chris

Hi Kay welcome to you too.
    Hope to see you both soon. take care.
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi Sally

A big welcome from me too.

I cannot answer your question either, sorry. We all have different forms of arthritis.

You could put s thread on the Living with Arthritis. Someone may be able to help you.

Love Trisher xx
  • salamander
    thanks delboy, trisher and chris, nice to meet you all. I'm slowly getting my head round this whole arthritis thing. It's really nice to have your support and hope to chat with you all as and when.
    Sally
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi Sally

If you post on Chit Chat, we have a Cyber cafe, where you can have whatever you like to eat and drink. You will never put on weight!!

We are going to start on a New Year Cruise. It is bound to be a laugh, the last one we had was.

If you cannot sleep in the night, go to Night Owls there is always some one up.

We can still be supportive, offer advice.

Trisher xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Hello and welcome from me, too.

As the others have said pop in any time; there's usually one or more of us about, and you can rant, laugh, cry or tell jokes!

Annie
  • lottiefox
    lottiefox Member Posts: 64
    Hi Sally,

I'm new too, just been told I have early OA in my knee and this forum seems a really friendly and helpful place. Good luck and keep smiling 8) :D

Lottie xxx
  • salamander
    trisher wrote:
    Hi Sally

If you post on Chit Chat, we have a Cyber cafe, where you can have whatever you like to eat and drink. You will never put on weight!!

We are going to start on a New Year Cruise. It is bound to be a laugh, the last one we had was.

If you cannot sleep in the night, go to Night Owls there is always some one up.

We can still be supportive, offer advice.

Trisher xx

Thanks Trisher and everyone, this forum has been a real life line over the past few days. Whatever I got someone else has got it too!
    x
  • maccajo
    maccajo Member Posts: 47
    Hi sally36

Just wanted to say hi and express how sorry I am to hear about your difficult year. I am new to this site too and new to living with PR and OA.
    This is a really great forum with lovely welcoming people who are all here for each other.
    (((hug)))) to keep you going.

jo x