bad to worse!!

Options
steph120786
steph120786 Member Posts: 66
edited 15. Dec 2009, 15:25 in My child has arthritis
My three year old not only has to deal with RA but has today been diagnosed with uvietis (not sure if spelt right), after being referered as an emergancy in nov, last appiontment consultant didnt even check with slit lamp and said to come back in a year NOT GOOD ENOUGH!! is anyone familiar with this eye problem??

we have been given steriod eye drop to start with which may i add could have side effect.. and back in month to have another look and see what to do next.

thanks for listening to my little rant

Comments

• gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Steph,

I am so sorry to hear that your daughter has Uveitis on top of her arthur.

I too suffer from flare ups of Uveitis related to my AS and use steroids to treat it... Apparently the steroids used are a very low dose and won't cause harm as they are localised although it is obviously alarming to hear she has to use them.

Depending on the severity of the Uveitis I go back to the consultants anywhere between a week and a month from the initial consultation as it can be quite persistent at times.

One 'good' thing is now that you know Uveitis is a possiblity, if she has the symptoms again you will all be able to act fast and nip it in the bud.

I hope that you see an improvement shortly and she starts to feel better. It must be very difficult for you and your family and I really feel for you.

When you have the time please do jot a line and let us know how she is getting on.

Arna x
  • shannonsmum
    shannonsmum Member Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi Steph,

I am really sorry to hear about your wee one. I also have a little girl she is nearly 8 now but suffers with JIA and also has had uveitis. She has had it since she was 2.

She was given the drops for her eyes and they worked really well she was clear for a while although it has come back again so she had another course of the drops..I cant say that she suffered any side effects to the drops..it was just tough getting them into her, so i wish you luck with that.

I hope they have a quick reaction and work well and I send you both hugs and hope she is clear of it soon.

Luv
    (Shannons mum)
    Sam
  • illihor
    illihor Member Posts: 283
    Options
    Hi Steph,

now I understand your facebook status hugs. So sorry that this has happened I hope the drops work for her (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))
  • steph120786
    steph120786 Member Posts: 66
    Options
    illihor wrote:
    Hi Steph,

now I understand your facebook status hugs. So sorry that this has happened I hope the drops work for her (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

Thanks thats just what I needed a great big hug xxxxxxx