Steroids have kicked in

Options
illihor
illihor Member Posts: 283
edited 19. Dec 2009, 09:10 in My child has arthritis
It's so nice to see my little girl happy if not slightly hyper lol think that's the steroids. She's moving a lot more easier although still in pain.

It's the happiest I've seen her in months. She's even attempted using the stairs today :) taken a while to kick in but I'm glad it has. Let's hope the effects last till at least crimbo day. She starts on methotrexate injections next week just waiting for a call from the nurse on Monday.

The rash is still there and in fact she has it on soles of feet to but my mum says this is what my dad has :( and he has psoriatic arthritis which i know is something they are testing for so don't look good on that front.

Just wanted to let you know how happy she's woken today almost like having my bouncing girl back.

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    What a wonderful christmas pressie for you both. I can just imagine your elation at seeing your little girl behaving exactly as she should be for her age.

Thank you so much for letting us know. Please post news to us.

I wish you all a peaceful, happy time and an extremely hopeful, healthy and a complete turn around in your little girl's health in 2010.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • illihor
    illihor Member Posts: 283
    Options
    Thank you both. It's lovely as she's had fun playing out in the snow today didn't last long but went out more than she would have done on Monday.

Thank you all for being there for me and her.
  • shannonsmum
    shannonsmum Member Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi Hun,

What great news, so glad they have finally kicked in....I remember when shannons did, every morning she used to sit and wait on her bed as she couldnt get herself out but the morning after her steroids she came running in to us all happy it just made our day so I can imagin how happy you are too. ((((hugs ))))

I hope once the injections start and they find the right dose ect she will be a happy little girl for a long time.

Take Care

Sam
    xxx