Headmaster is pooping himself!!!!!!!!!!!

shannonsmum
shannonsmum Member Posts: 68
edited 2. Jan 2010, 05:19 in My child has arthritis
Hiya,

Just to update you........Me and hubby went into shannons school yesterday with the info that someone kindly pointed out to me on here (thankyou for that) and had a quick chat with him just to say that we wanted him to take it away and read over the xmas holidays and when school returns then we want a meeting to discuss where we go from here. He said he would promise to read and is happy to help in anyway he can. He asked if I had met with the school nurse which I said I had he asked what she said (i thought it was none of his business ) but said we just discussed a few different options but that I had thought about it and not sure if they would work, he said that he would be happy if I could just have a go and if it doesnt work then he is happy to go back to the wednesday morning.

I also brought up that shannon isnt under the SENCO at the school he said he thought she was I said I had no info of that and have not heard from anyone about any help she was getting! I said about simple things like sitting on the floor at assembley times ect he said she USED to sit on a chair I said "YES USED TO". he just said right leave this with me and we will work together with getting things right!!!!!!

And then today Shannon has come home with a IEP in her bag that has apparently been in place since 21.1.08 with reviews taken place in march 09 and july 09 and one in november 09!!!!!!
I did not know this was in place! She has a SENCO and a LSA that helps with her literacy for 2 1/2 hours in a group and as an individual for 1 hour pw......is this enough?????????

oh and i forgot to add I spoke with shannons nurse who said they did not tell the headmaster what he says they said they did say that they do provide families with different times and also can go into the school to give the injections but because shannon has a phobia of needles ect it is not an option for her and is better for her to have it in the morning to avoid other health issues. She was very angry that he had said this and is going to take it further!!

I just want to say again I am truely thankful to you all for your support in this and I could not of done this with out you all pointing me in the right direction.

Take Care
Sam
xx

ps does anyone know waht a ESA+ is??

Comments

• gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Sam,

I have sent you a PM.

A x
  • illihor
    illihor Member Posts: 283
    That's great that you have sort of put him in his place :) I'm not sure on senco we're only at the start of this long ladder but i'm guessing pe times should be another one they should be helping in like getting her dressed and instead of certain activities which might cause flare ups surely she should be also using this time to do her exercises from phsyio. I've been told that once we have had physio and we've got something in place then we are to work with school and her thing from senco once it's all in place and they can do the exercises with her etc.

I can't remember what else you put down now sorry but I'm glad things are starting to happen for you. He's def trying to bully you by twisting what the nurses have told him etc. good luck xxx
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    i knew you would get this outcome!....great!
    see, you get clued up and then they panic and have to do something.
    as for IEPs, if you havent seen these before you should have!! i.e.they should have kept you informed.
    Extra support time she has is about as much as youre going to get for literacy....but take it further as help needed for physical side of things!
    well done!
    bet you feel better too i.e. it was getting you down!
    i am really pleased for you...happy christmas x
  • oneday
    an afterthought....there are a few teachers or ex teachers who use this site, it might have been helpful if they had contributed with some help!
    However, you did get the desired outcome...with help from the rest of us who have been through similiar situations or know someone who has.
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    oneday wrote:
    an afterthought....there are a few teachers or ex teachers who use this site, it might have been helpful if they had contributed with some help!
    However, you did get the desired outcome...with help from the rest of us who have been through similiar situations or know someone who has.

Hi there,

Just to confirm that I am one fo the ex teachers on this site who has been actively supporting Shannon's mum/Sam through private messages.
    Please don't jump to the conclusion that because you didn't see the correspondence that all the ex teachers failed to act. :)

Arna
  • oneday
    gickygawky wrote:
    oneday wrote:

Hi there,

Just to confirm that I am one fo the ex teachers on this site who has been actively supporting Shannon's mum/Sam through private messages.
    Please don't jump to the conclusion that because you didn't see the correspondence that all the ex teachers failed to act. :)

Sorry if i upset you personally.
    I too have been personally PM and putting suggestions here which Shannons Mum took on board and is on the way to a successful outcome. I think I am just a bit miffed that peeps who made their profession known on here havent said a thing which i thought was disappointing as they could have given further help.
    I have had issues myself and had no help and just felt so passionate and compassionate about it, it really gets to me. In all aspects of life I dont like to see anyone feeling like this.....from a very early age I have stood up to bullies who were bullying others....infact I was about 10 and was defending a lad being bullied.....he isnt with us today and it makes me fill uup all these years later.

Arna
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Just wanted to add( a bit late sorry) IEP meetings are for parents to attend.My son had them(autistic)and we would go along for 10-20 minute meetings to review his progress,if any,and what plans and targets to put in place.It is your chance to ask for things to be put in place to help your child.If you werent invited you should have
    been.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • shannonsmum
    shannonsmum Member Posts: 68
    Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for that info. I am planning on a meeting with the school so will be asking why there was no meeting and why was it just placed in her bag with no word of what it was for!!

Take Care
    Sam
    xx

tkachev wrote:
    Just wanted to add( a bit late sorry) IEP meetings are for parents to attend.My son had them(autistic)and we would go along for 10-20 minute meetings to review his progress,if any,and what plans and targets to put in place.It is your chance to ask for things to be put in place to help your child.If you werent invited you should have
    been.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    The meetings go ahead with or without parents anyway.They usually give you a reply slip with the advance meeting date letter asking if you will attend or not.It surely should have concerned them that you had not replied either way especiallly as you have been into the school on several occassions to seek help and unerstanding for your daughters.What a shambles!
    You should have one meeting a term.
    Good luck and hope things improve,
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein