dla for a 3 year old

steph120786
steph120786 Member Posts: 66
edited 13. Jan 2010, 17:40 in My child has arthritis
Hi

Just sent off the forms for my daughter, has anyone else applied and knows what to expect.

Ta

Comments

• lucymum
    lucymum Member Posts: 113
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hi hun expect to be turned down on the first attempt!! I have DLA for me and I have to fight eve time I apply!! I am going to look into putting in for it for Lucy, as I have been advised to do so, but I am not looking forward to the fight!!
    Be prepaired for the fight, but pleas do fight, in the e, in cases he people ned it, they usually get it!!!
    Good luck, let me know how u do x x x
  • steph120786
    steph120786 Member Posts: 66
    lucymum wrote:
    hi hun expect to be turned down on the first attempt!! I have DLA for me and I have to fight eve time I apply!! I am going to look into putting in for it for Lucy, as I have been advised to do so, but I am not looking forward to the fight!!
    Be prepaired for the fight, but pleas do fight, in the e, in cases he people ned it, they usually get it!!!
    Good luck, let me know how u do x x x
    #

Thanks, I am expecting a fight, seems everything is a fight with this illness, gonna have to find some fight from somewhere tho for my baby girl.
  • lucymum
    lucymum Member Posts: 113
    we always find the fight for our kids, even when we are on our last legs, feel exhausted, and want to give up, when it's for our kids, we always find that little bit extra!!!

Good luck hun x x x x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Hi
    I got DLA for my son(autism)since 2 and a half.When they are young they arent expected to do very much for themselves anyway so it is harder to write they need help with washing,dressing and mobility cos children have difficulties with that anyway.But you have to help with many physical things cos your children experience pain and discomfort such as washing,dressing,feeding,getting up/down stairs and getting into bed and help with bedclothes,pillows,general comfort at night as that all needs constant help from a parent.
    Good luck eveyrone and do not feel discouraged.
    Elizabeth(I have R.A)
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • illihor
    illihor Member Posts: 283
    Good luck Hun. As you know I'm about 5 weeks ahead of you they have written saying they can't make a descission until they get a reply from hospital consultant so waiting on that. I spoke with kayleighs consultant about this and she said that she will do a letter as she deffinately deserves it so I have backing of hospital.

I'm expecting a fight though tbh it took 3 attempts to get it for my husband but that's also taught me how to fill in the forms although def different for a child than an adult and way more upsetting. Good luck.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Hi,
    Just to clarify in my post I was trying to say if you will experience difficulties in your claim it will probably be because your daughter is 3 and children of that age arent expected to do as much for themselves anyway.Of course I am aware of your childs difficulties because I suffer from arthritis myself.
    It also seems to be more difficult to claim nowadays than when my son was 3(he is now 10).I think they are making it more difficult because so many more people claim DLA than the government expected and because of the high profile false claims.
    Just keep focused because you know your child deserves it and I wish you success.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • shannonsmum
    shannonsmum Member Posts: 68
    Hi, I have dla for shannon but it took me 3 goes to get it but when i was filling in the forms i was putting our gp down which was a mistake as he didnt have a clue what shannon was going through so on the last atempt i put her cons who thankfully told them how it really was and we got it.
    I had a panic this year tho as we had to renew it and they took forever to make a dission even though shannon is worse now than she was when we first got it. But thankfully they gave it to us. I dont know what I would do without the car I got through the dla...it helps so much with getting shannon around.Even though school is 10 mins up the road I cant make her walk it in the freezing cold weather!!!!

GOOD LUCK and DONT GIVE UP.

Sam
    XX
    Hi

Just sent off the forms for my daughter, has anyone else applied and knows what to expect.

Ta
  • mythree
    mythree Member Posts: 21
    Hi

Ta

hi i also have a three yr old daughter with jia and i am currently filling out the forms as well. I have been told as well that first time it is normally refused so i am trying to be ready for it. Also it can be hard to fill out what they can and cannot do but i also have a 2yr old so i am frquently made aware of what my daughter should be able to do and is just unable to.
    please let me know how it goes so i can be prepared as well i would really appreciate it .