Getting new shoes soon

illihor
illihor Member Posts: 283
edited 12. Jan 2010, 07:23 in My child has arthritis
Kayleigh had hydrotherapy today and the physio asked us if we had been contacted about shoes yet (she wears slippers everywhere as it hurts her being in shoes that much as her ankles have dropped which has also made her flat footed) and I told her no. So she's told me to come up the hossie on Monday when she does her clinic in childrens outpatients and the person who does will be there and she'll get her seen by him choose some boots, get measured fully then hopefully will take a couple of weeks and she can finally have something comfy on her feet.

She also started on mtx today my didn't she scream I don't think I'll ever be able to do that to her. The physio said no one can force me into doing it as that what it feels like at the moment as i'm asked by the nurses every time I speak to one. The physio said I'm her main carer and it's inappropriate for me to give her the jab and hurt her when I'm her safety/comfort zone so don't buckle down. I feel better now that someone has said that to me as I was starting to feel very pressured into doing it myself.

Hope everyone is have a good start to the year and this cold isn't causing to much pain.

Comments

• lucymum
    lucymum Member Posts: 113
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    bless her hun, i hope the hydro did her sme good!!!

as far as you injecting her i concerned I think they are wrongexpecting you to do it. I hate needles myself, but due to MY health problems I had to inject myself every day, and belive me, u do get used to it!!! But giving it to yourself and to your child is completly different! I hope she settles into it soon!!

As of yet Lucy is going no further forward, we go to hospital 18th!

Good luck with everything, hope the new boots help!!
  • shannonsmum
    shannonsmum Member Posts: 68
    Hi,

I was also being pressured into giving Shannon the injection because of all going on with school, I said i would if Shannon was happy but she was point blank NO. I was glad as Shannon has good and bad weeks with having it one week not to bad and then the next not good. The nurses always say you would think she would be getting used to it by now!! Shannon has had so much done I dont think she will ever get comfortable with it. So I was interested to read when you said about being kayleighs main carer and you are her comfort. This is right and makes myself feel better as we just want to do whats right for our little ones! ((( )))

Hope Kayleigh gets sorted with her new shoes.

Take Care
    Sam
    xx

illihor wrote:
    Kayleigh had hydrotherapy today and the physio asked us if we had been contacted about shoes yet (she wears slippers everywhere as it hurts her being in shoes that much as her ankles have dropped which has also made her flat footed) and I told her no. So she's told me to come up the hossie on Monday when she does her clinic in childrens outpatients and the person who does will be there and she'll get her seen by him choose some boots, get measured fully then hopefully will take a couple of weeks and she can finally have something comfy on her feet.

She also started on mtx today my didn't she scream I don't think I'll ever be able to do that to her. The physio said no one can force me into doing it as that what it feels like at the moment as i'm asked by the nurses every time I speak to one. The physio said I'm her main carer and it's inappropriate for me to give her the jab and hurt her when I'm her safety/comfort zone so don't buckle down. I feel better now that someone has said that to me as I was starting to feel very pressured into doing it myself.

Hope everyone is have a good start to the year and this cold isn't causing to much pain.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Do you get given the option of taking tablet form MTX for children?
    Thought I would mention it as I tried MTX injections last year(due to feeling nauseous/side-effects)and was grateful to get back to tablet form because of all the safety and preparation issues involved.It didnt help with the nausea either.
    best wishes
    Elizabeth X
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein