NO school heating

Options
illihor
illihor Member Posts: 283
edited 15. Jan 2010, 12:49 in My child has arthritis
I have just found out that my kids school will have no heating tomorrow (friday 15th jan). They are keeping the school OPEN though :o

omg how can they do that. I'll send my boys in but they can wear whatever they want (imo) however I will NOT be sending in Kayleigh. Someone from school has already pm'd me on facebook saying I shouldn't keep her off just cuz of it omg do they not understand how she is. I can't even let this house get a slight chill as it really affects her there is no way am I going to be sending her.

She has her MTX jab first thing and was going to go in after that but I can't possibly send her in now. Do I have a leg to stand on by refusing to send her in and I don't care what they say to me she aint going in she only had a GA yesterday and in fact by the time she comes home it'll only be just gone the 48 hour mark from having it she wasn't in today because of having the GA so I might just use that excuse and say she's still a bit wobbly and not with it from the anesthetic.

Comments

• miss_l
    miss_l Member Posts: 138
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I dont think you need to worry about having an excuse ready.
    As a teacher i would prefer you to keep your daughter off - anything to keep her well in the long run is much better than attending a cold day at school!
  • shannonsmum
    shannonsmum Member Posts: 68
    Options
    OMG thats really bad! Shannons school had heating failure last week so they closed school for the whole week, as wasnt safe enough to have the children there. I would of kept shannon off though if they were open! It is not good for them to get cold. So you are doing the right thing. Good luck with the school hun and really hope they dont give you a hard time for it!

Love
    Sam
    xx
    illihor wrote:
    I have just found out that my kids school will have no heating tomorrow (friday 15th jan). They are keeping the school OPEN though :o

omg how can they do that. I'll send my boys in but they can wear whatever they want (imo) however I will NOT be sending in Kayleigh. Someone from school has already pm'd me on facebook saying I shouldn't keep her off just cuz of it omg do they not understand how she is. I can't even let this house get a slight chill as it really affects her there is no way am I going to be sending her.

She has her MTX jab first thing and was going to go in after that but I can't possibly send her in now. Do I have a leg to stand on by refusing to send her in and I don't care what they say to me she aint going in she only had a GA yesterday and in fact by the time she comes home it'll only be just gone the 48 hour mark from having it she wasn't in today because of having the GA so I might just use that excuse and say she's still a bit wobbly and not with it from the anesthetic.
  • illihor
    illihor Member Posts: 283
    Options
    Her teacher was fine with it and agreed no point her getting chilled. The boys went although the head didn't look to happy as I walked past taking kayleigh home in the pushchair oh well.

She's had her mtx and got very stressed by it all again :(
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    They really shouldn't have kept the school open, isn't it illegal? If nothing else, it breaches health and safety rules.

Anyway, I'm glad you stuck to your guns. Kayleigh's your daughter and you know her best. She's been very poorly and there's no point in making her worse.

Hope you all have a good weekend.
    x