Hello

milliemoo
milliemoo Member Posts: 13
edited 13. Feb 2010, 12:09 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone my name is Jackie. I'm married to Tim (43) who has recently been diagnosed with OA and high possibility of RA (awaiting radiation injection tests).

He's had problems for many years but only got up the courage to see his Dr when his loving nagging wife made him go! :wink:

Life has become quite unbearable for him due to the constant 24/7 pain!

Thank you so much for any help and advice you can give xxxx

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Millie,
    Just to say a very warm welcome to this friendly forum, I am sure more people will be along soon to welcome you and your OH.
    You will get all the answeres you need on living with arthur, and talking to the help line, also come and relax and have a laugh in the chit chat room.
    Love Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Jackie and Tim,

Welcome to the sit and they really are a nice lot here. Pain is the worst bit I think but I am sure Tim could have better pain control. I wonder if it might be best to post over on the Living with forum cus more people will see it.

What pain relief is Tim on there? Its doesn't sound like the right combination, there are so many :wink: and maybe Tim should get his 'nagging' wife to get him to go back to the gp's and ask for something either a bit stronger or better. Its not so easy while they are working out which and what but hang in there both of you and I hope things can get sorted soon for you both. Take care Cris
  • milliemoo
    Thank you so much for the welcome :D I will visit the other parts of the site asap.

Tim's currently taking diclofenac and co-codamol with not a lot of success... I'm ringing the GP tomorrow coz he/we just can't carry on like this!

Thank you once again xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Hi to Millie and Tim and welcome........come and join in anywhere, more sense on the LWA site, laughs and nonsense on the Chit Chat site, we're all in the same boat!

Annie
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Hi Millie,

Just wanted to send you a WARM WELCOME :lol:

Glad you made your husband go and that he will get answers and treatment.

Look forward to seeing you in other forums. People are very supportive, and friendly. All willing to share a wealth of experience.

Lots of love x

Eve
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Jackie and Tim

Welcome to the forum. Please do join us on the other zones. We are all in the same boat to a greater or lesser degree and offer lots of support and try to answer each other questions as much as we possibly can. We most certainly do understand on here whereas others who do not suffer in this way, often do not.

I look forward to seeing your name(s) on the other zones,

Look after each other,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • milliemoo
    Thank you Elna xx

I'm currently sat blowing my nose and wiping away tears coz your all so lovely!

It's so nice to be able to open up even though it's making me cry.....
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    milliemoo wrote:
    Thank you Elna xx

I'm currently sat blowing my nose and wiping away tears coz your all so lovely!

It's so nice to be able to open up even though it's making me cry.....
    Awwww Millie and Tim, you have a good cry it will do you good....we do know what you and Tim are going through,I was in so much pain when I came on here, but slowly I am getting there, it is so hard on you having to watch Tim in pain, I have been there as well, please talk to us , it will help you alot , we are always here.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Jackie and Tim

Just calling in to say a welcome from, me though are sorry you have had to join us.
    Do hope you get some pain relief soon Tim, hugs to you both.
    Chris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi From me too :):)
    This is a lovely site isn't it?
    sorry about Tim's problems. Hope some better meds are prsecribed soon.
    AND....Don't worry about bawling - I often do here too :wink:
    Love
    Toni x
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    I'm not surprised you suddenly feel weepy. After all this time. Your husband sounds abit like mine. I will happily bore him with my problems when all the timehe is trying to cope with his.
    I'm glad he has finally decided to seem medical help. I think that probably all along he might have been aware of what the matter was but would rather 'get on with it'. A lesson taught him by his parents. They did in those days.

But you don't hve to put up with it anymore. At last you will find answers, relief and help.

If you have any more questions, worries, just want a chat, just pop overtothe other sites.

Love from Joy
  • milliemoo
    Thank you all so much xxxx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi Jackie and Tim

A big warm welcome from me too.

Ask any questions you would like answers to in the LWA Forums, more peeps will see it there and therfore you will get a larger response.

We do try to support one another. You can also post questions to the help- line team who do a very good job.

When we want to chill out, and relax, we go to the CChat Forum, where we let our hair down, have a laugh in the cafe we have.

If you cannot sleep during the night, we have a Night Owls and Early Birds, if you cannot sleep yes, some peeps might be up because of pain, so posting there lets others know you are awake.

Well, I hope to see you both posting soon.

Love Trish xx
  • malc7747
    malc7747 Member Posts: 73
    Hi Jackie & Tim,

A big welcome to you both from me.

I have recently joined so like you I am still new to the Forum.

take care

Malc
    :):)
  • jordan7j
    jordan7j Bots Posts: 346
    Welcome Jackie and Tim, lots of advice already, so wont add any more. Loads of amazing people here, our Trisher being one of them!! Good luck with getting properly diagnosed Tim :)