Hi yet another newbie :)

iggly_pop
iggly_pop Member Posts: 27
edited 23. Feb 2010, 11:17 in Say Hello Archive
I have OA, fibromyalgia, CFS, nerve pain and chronis daily headaches, i've had all this since i was about 7 years old and it took just under 10 years for me to be diagnosed. Due to the fuss with all the doctors over the years i only see the pain clinic now, hope to get to another rheumy when i move for university, as the one who previously attempted to diagnose me runs the entirety of the rheumy clinic in my area and is ran off with the psychosematic pain mumbo jumbo before i was diagnosed and definately hindered any treatment or diagnostic tests for some years now.
Looking to talk to other people like me and to not feel so alone anymore would also be brilliant

Thank you for reading

Rebecca

Comments

• iggly_pop
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    (lets get the typos out the way shall we?)
    I have OA, fibromyalgia, CFS, nerve pain and chronic daily headaches, i've had all this since i was about 7 years old and it took just under 10 years for me to be diagnosed. Due to the fuss with all the doctors over the years i only see the pain clinic now, hope to get to another rheumy when i move for university, as the one who previously attempted to diagnose me runs the entirety of the rheumy clinic in my area and just ran off with the psychosematic painidea before i was diagnosed with the previously mentioned conditions and definately hindered any treatment or diagnostic tests for some years now.
    Looking to talk to other people like me and to not feel so alone anymore would also be brilliant

Thank you for reading

Rebecca
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Rebecca,

Welcome again and hope your ok there? Cris x
  • iggly_pop
    Hi Cris,
    I'm doing alright thanks, recovering from an illness so a little knocked off my feet, trying to complete the first draft of my biology coursework on, wait for the irony, "Are environmental factors or genetics more prevalent in the early onset of Osteoarthritis?”
    So got another 500 words to do on that for tomorrow:)
    But other than that im doing alright :)
    Yourself?

Rebecca
  • skezier
    Hi Rebacca,

Oh that’s a good subject they doing but its not so good for you eh? I hope you get the other 500 words sorted and then just end it with a 'this I know!' and give them hell if they don't agree :wink:

I'm ok, been thumping my brain with a bit of dadmau5 and that always helps :lol::lol: I got a load of reject animals who take up a lot of my day and am just about to go persuade the chickens to go to bed early so I can get the sheep to bed early and weld back to a fire cus its some cold eh?

You take care and when's your paper got to be in? Sorry if you said I got a virus in my eyes and don't always see things too well :wink: Cris x
  • iggly_pop
    Its just a first draft in for tomorrow but im nearly there so shouldnt be too bad :)
    How did you end up with all your animals if you dont mind me asking :)?

Rebecca
  • skezier
    Hi Rebacca,

They are all rescued, most are feral cats but then there's the dogs, the sheep and the chicken. I used to have horses but as I got less able to carry well I saw the older ones through and then my little young one went into rescue proper cus she was a top draw T/B and needed a lot more physical strength than I had left in me.

In my day ( cus I some old now) we only had one submission, is it better or harder to have a first draft and how many more do you have to do after that? Cris x
  • iggly_pop
    There will probably be another submission in about a months time its just literally the first 700 words for tomorrow, i think its better to be honest, cause then you dont do the whole report and then find out its all completely wrong. :)
    That's brilliant that you are taking in all those animals :D I only have two cats but have always wanted chickens since i was little :) along with every other animal i could get my hands on to be fair :D

Rebecca
  • skezier
    Hi Rebacca,

cats are good :D there are quite a few cat people here and w have a cyber one in the cafe thread..... We also have a cow a pig, a rottie and a yak in the cafe...... Its a good site this and it helps when your feeling lost or down as well as when your ok.

I started helping rescue long ago and then a load of ferals were about to be destroyed and the rescues back then (and even now to some degree) were not willing to help cus they are quite a handful and always ill. So I went out on my own and learned in the school of getting it wrong :wink: You don't want to give them too much chance to bite or scratch and I did so often :lol::lol:

I used to be known as the mad cat woman.... well a few others must be as well...... please..... but now a days I'm probably just know as the mad woman full stop :lol::lol:

I always wanted a lioness or a tiger..... Mind they would have to sign the contract that they didn't go after the other employers :wink:

I forgot to say about the ducks as well, the female has just reminded me she is here by standing on the step quacking..... that's my signal to get her some bread...... You take care and I really hope you soon feel a lot better. Cris x
  • iggly_pop
    Thanks (thats brilliant btw)
    Hope you have a good night

Rebecca
  • skezier
    You Too :D x