Uncomfortable ankle

katherine810
katherine810 Member Posts: 67
edited 25. Feb 2010, 14:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi:)
I've had juvinile arthritis since i was 4, (im almost 17 now) and the first sign my parents noticed was my left ankle swollen as they thought it was broken. Although i have arthritis in pretty much every joint.

Last monday, i went to the dentist would had to perscribe my antibiotics, i was adviced to come off my methotrexate and my enbrel injections for the weeks course.

Its now tuesday night and for the last 3ish days i've noticed my left ankle feeling uncomfortable, as though its swollen but its not. Well it doesnt seem to be anything major i can see with my eye, its not red and its not painful. I'm worrying though that the uncomfortable ankle might be slight swelling or inflamation i cant see yet and it will be swollen soon and flare up. To be quite honest im pretty scared since everything has seemed to be going so well before hand. I guess this is more a kind of letting it out because it doesnt seem to be anything worth worrying about yet so i dont really want to worry anyone by saying anything..

I guess my main question would be if anyones felt any joint being uncomfortable before swelling? Or if you think im being paranoid and theres nothing to worry over please tell me that too :) Either helps to be honest..

Thankyou :D
Katherine xx

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Katherine,

I n understand you being worried about this one I really can. I find mine went stiff and felt odd externally before they flared but it doesn't mean yours is going to. How many more days before you can resume your treatment now? I wonder if you could phone your rumo nurse and see if going back on them earlier than the dentist said would be a problem? Sending you a ((( ))) and a hope that it will be ok till your able to go back on. Cris x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I have a bad ankle too but cannot see any swelling on the bits that hurt.I did have swelling at the back of the ankle according to my Physio but my pain has shifted to the front and ankles now and I cannot see any swelling at all.I suppose wear and tear can cause just as much pain as inflammation.
    Try not to worry as you are off medication at present.It will probably be temporary pain until you resume your meds regime.See how it feels after you are back on them.
    If you are worried you can pop along to the GP for advice but remember you need to finish antiobiotics before resuming your meds because your immune system will be very low otherwise.
    Take care
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Hi Katherine

I think any swelling should be treated with caution. Have you been to see your GP? Has it been xrayed recently?

Have you tried putting some ice on it? Make sure you rest it.

Take care
    Sharmaine
    Hi:)
    I've had juvinile arthritis since i was 4, (im almost 17 now) and the first sign my parents noticed was my left ankle swollen as they thought it was broken. Although i have arthritis in pretty much every joint.

Last monday, i went to the dentist would had to perscribe my antibiotics, i was adviced to come off my methotrexate and my enbrel injections for the weeks course.

Its now tuesday night and for the last 3ish days i've noticed my left ankle feeling uncomfortable, as though its swollen but its not. Well it doesnt seem to be anything major i can see with my eye, its not red and its not painful. I'm worrying though that the uncomfortable ankle might be slight swelling or inflamation i cant see yet and it will be swollen soon and flare up. To be quite honest im pretty scared since everything has seemed to be going so well before hand. I guess this is more a kind of letting it out because it doesnt seem to be anything worth worrying about yet so i dont really want to worry anyone by saying anything..

I guess my main question would be if anyones felt any joint being uncomfortable before swelling? Or if you think im being paranoid and theres nothing to worry over please tell me that too :) Either helps to be honest..

Thankyou :D
    Katherine xx
  • katherine810
    katherine810 Member Posts: 67
    Just been for hydrotherepy for my knee and the physio said my left ankle looks swollen so i guess it wasnt just me!

hmm hopefully it'll settle down asap, worrying i really do not have time for this flare up :/

xx