Prescriptions???

Options
cutieclaire
cutieclaire Member Posts: 134
edited 2. Mar 2010, 13:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
Can I ask a question.

With regards to prescriptions, can we get any money off paying for all this medication as it is proving expensive and I not started on too much at the mo, but I know I will have to have more soon.

Hope everyone is well.

Love Claire
xxxxxxx

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Can I ask a question.

With regards to prescriptions, can we get any money off paying for all this medication as it is proving expensive and I not started on too much at the mo, but I know I will have to have more soon.

Hope everyone is well.

Love Claire
    xxxxxxx

HI

if you have more than 4 items in three months or 14 over 12 months then it is worth getting a prescription pre-payment certificate. You pay an amount up front (or you can pay for the yearly one by 10 monthly direct debits which is handy) and you just show your card to the pharmacy and you don't pay any more.

We couldn't manage without ours .... £10 a month is a lot better than paying for each item.

You can ask at any pharmacy or surgery and they should have the form, or you can do it all online but I' can't find the addres just now - hopefully someone else will post it
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I don't think you can at the moment, but their has been talk in parliment about including all long term illnesses, but I'm not holding my breath. :(

I have a yearly, pre-payment certificate and that works out very much cheaper in the long run. I think you can do it on the net, now.
    Love Sue
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Pity we cant get our prescriptions for free lets hope we can in the future
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Claire

The prepayment thing does sound a good idea if you need several prescriptions. I only get two items on repeat at the moment and my doc lets me have a them every 2 months which makes it a bit cheaper over the year. So I am getting enough meds for 2 months but only paying one prescription charge for each.
    take care
    Chris
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Options
    Hi Claire,

Are you working or long term sickness? I had asked my nurse practitioner if I could get my prescription free since Im on long term sickness and not income support. She said no so didn't do anything for a while.

I was given a CH1 form by a receptionist at the opticians. Completed it and to my surprise I was awarded free prescriptions.

I was told by the chemist that I would pay in advance but ended up quite confused so dropped that idea.

I hope you can get things sorted out soon and hope you get them free.

Good luck x

Eve
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Hi Claire

You can call the pre paid prescription line and do everything over the phone, their number is 0845 850 0030. It is so worth the money, I would be penniless without it, seeing as I consume the contents of a pharmacy on a monthly basis :?
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • maria09
    Options
    You can pay for your PPA online vry easy to do. Dont do what i did when i got my new card i was supposed to cut up old one but did the new one instead what a numpty! Good job my local chemist knows me! Lol
  • maria09
    Options
    You can pay for your PPA online vry easy to do. Dont do what i did when i got my new card i was supposed to cut up old one but did the new one instead what a numpty! Good job my local chemist knows me! Lol
  • maria09
    Options
    my phone keeps sending my replies twice its not me having a senior moment! Lol