X-ray appointment

woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 25. Feb 2010, 16:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
Me again, I've just recieved an appoinment for x-rays at the hospital next Wednesday morning. They want to x-ray both my shoulders and feet, so now I'm left wondering whether they are looking for RA or something to do with my bent spine or just what the Hell? The Rheummy did say that she didn't think it was inflamatory arthritis but maybe shes seen the other xrays and changed her mind! :x :roll: So, here I am trying to look up all sorts of strange diseases, syndromes and what not. I'm even tempted to e-mail someone I knew in another life who is a consultant rheummy, but I'm not that desperate yet.... anyway, it would do no good, anyway theirs no point in digging up the past. Its so long ago I'll be forgotten by now, just another neurotic woman. :lol: Whoops, I didn't mean to mention that....Sense of humour seems to be working, at the moment, anyway! :lol: Still at least, the rheummy seems to be getting things going, I'm lucky, so far. She did say, relax and let me do the worrying, thats my job, yours is to rest! :wink:

I feel like I'm on some kind of nut, going round the hospital seeing how many different departments I can get sent to for one problem. Must be some people who do that sort of thing!
Sorry, I don't know if this makes sense, I feel a bit all over the place today!!! :mrgreen:
Love Sue

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Sue,
    I am glad that things are moving on for you, hopefully having the rheummy will help.
    There dosn't seem to be any sought of standard treatment for people with either OA or RA, I think it would be easier if there where.
    Hope you get some results very soon.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    hi Sue

I am so glad she is being thorough. You need to get to the bottom of things and she wants to understand what is causing your pain.

I am also very glad she is being prompt too.

Sue I know you worry but try not to - soon you will know for sure and can get the help you need.

You take care

Love

Toni xx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Hi Sue.
    Just try and stop worrying. Worrying about what might not be can be very stressful and make you feel worse.
    I think I have been in every department in the hospital so far, except the mortuary that is.
    You only have to see the thickness of my file to realise that.
    I've lost count of the number of tests I have had and they have all provednegative, leaving me wondering.

I'm still waiting for the results of my ct scan.
    You know what they say; "No news is good news"

You'll be fine, at least things are moving for you, so don't worry.

Joy

no new
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Thank you, I will try and stop worrying. It took me by surprise, and I felt a bit panicy at the time! I feel better now!
    Hope, Joy you soon get your results, but I'm sure your right, no news is good news!!!.
    Love Sue
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Sue,

I was going to tell you not to worry but that's easier said than done. So instead I am sending you some hugs.

Anne