When?

Options
moonseed
moonseed Member Posts: 289
edited 26. Feb 2010, 13:42 in Community Chit-chat archive
Evening all,
First and foremost, I hope I am asking this question on the right forum but thought I would pose a question that has been bothering me for sometime.

At what stage of this disease is it decided, either by yourself or by someone in the medical profession, that you need to use a wheelchair?

Do you have to be totally incapable of walking or standing and who makes the decision,

If it is necessary, how much are they and who supplies them?

Hope this post doesn't upset anyone.

Steph

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Steph

I'm confined to a wheelchair, but at some stage I was a walker.

I think it should be you who decides. You know what pain you are in and no one can really say to you, you should carry on without one.

If you think you cannot carry on, you can try a wheelchair and see if it helps.

Remember, you can always get out of it and walk about, then sit in it when you cannot go on.

I'm not sure if someone is saying you should carry on with out one.

You can hire one for a few days and see how you feel.

Trish xx
  • moonseed
    moonseed Member Posts: 289
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Hi Steph

I'm confined to a wheelchair, but at some stage I was a walker.

I think it should be you who decides. You know what pain you are in and no one can really say to you, you should carry on without one.

If you think you cannot carry on, you can try a wheelchair and see if it helps.

Remember, you can always get out of it and walk about, then sit in it when you cannot go on.

I'm not sure if someone is saying you should carry on with out one.

You can hire one for a few days and see how you feel.

Trish xx

Hi there Trish,

I did know that you were in a wheelchair but didn't like to ask you directly in case it upset you.

Thank you for your reply. I will send you a PM if that's OK.
    Steph