maria09
maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
edited 28. Feb 2010, 08:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
Im now taking
Celecoxib 200mgs twice a day
Hydroxyqloriquine 200mgs twice a day
The usual Paracetamol
Tramadol 100mgs up to 4 times a day
Cyclizine 50mgs when ive had my full quota of tramadol as it makes me feel sick & dizzy
All this seems to be helping but im never free from pain just have varying degrees of it
I tried Glucosamine for over a year but did not feel the benefit
what medications do you take & what works best for you
Im just curious so please reply :)
Mx

Comments

• tanith
    tanith Member Posts: 175
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I have been taking RoseHip supplement for a couple of years.. and found I got very good relief from it.. I have O/A but found no improvement with Glucosomine..
    Our worst times are always our best lessons.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Good question Maria,

Methotrexate can work well but at times I have had to increase my dose because it wasnt always effectively dealing with my R.A. But Humira wins the prize for me.From day 1 my symptoms improved immensely and 16 months later still helps.That all over pain has reduced significantly.
    Also surgery on my hip(replacement)helped me too so it is not just medication. That was a horrible pain before the op and restricted my movements.
    Hydroxychloroquinine and sulfasalazine werent that impressive but I am still prescribed them.Apparently they all work in combination.

Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • maria09
    delboy wrote:
    Enbrel suplemented with beer & wine and the occasional spliff-1.gif:lol:
    i find rosè wine helps trouble is its usually the whole bottle! Lol
  • breane
    breane Member Posts: 392
    Hi,at the moment I'm taking Omepraxzole stomach protector,two Naproxen,two Hydroxychloroquine and Co Codamol for pain although I do sometimes take Tramadol if the pain is severe. :( According to latest blood tests all the meds are working as they should but the rheumy consultant says he still might add another med into the mix when I see him in July as I've had a couple of really bad flares recently,still in one at the moment.Also had two steroid jabs recently but they don't seem to do any good.Rheumy nurse said to give her a ring if the last steroid jab hasn't worked within the next week. Breane. :)
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Have been taking sulphasalazine for around 6 weeks and it seems to be helping (also still taking celebrex but not sure for how much longer).

Tried arcoxia but it did nothing and diclofenic played havoc with my tum, even with the omeprazole.

What worries me is that meds seem to lose their effect after a while and people have to add more and more meds to the mix to get good results.

Lois x
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Hello Maria

I am in the same situations as yourself.
    I am on 20mg MTX inj once a week, done by myself.
    Tramadol Slow Release (worth considering) since I went on to these, I was having about 4 - 6 co-codomols a day.
    Pregabalin 150 mg x 2 a day.
    Paracetamol inbetween if the pain is getting bad. That does help with me, but I never have to take them every day.
    As I have a hiatus hernia and a potential ulcer problem I take Omeprazole, folic acid and Alendronic Acid once a week because I am on a small 2.5mg steroid dose at the moment.
    If my Polymyalgeria Rheumatica flares up then my steroids will go up too.
    then the usual BP meds
    My pain does get bad some days, but I can cope with it. Goodness know what it would be like if I didn't take any of the above.
    Blood tests come back fine apart from a slightly raised ESR? level.
    I'm OK
    Joy
    So all in all quite a cocktail
  • scattered
    scattered Member Posts: 326
    Humira injections, MTX injections, hydroxychloroquine, prednisolone, co-codemol, ibuprofen. Now I seem to take everything by injection my pill count is much reduced!
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Hi,

20mg Methotrexate
    Hydroxychloroquine
    Sulfasalazine - started beginning January (have just stopped the Sulfa due to really distressing side-affects so will have to see what my consultant says about that!!!)
    2 x 75mg Diclofenac
    5mg Folic Acid
    Aspirin
    Ramipril
    Lanzoprazole

and a drop or two of alcohol - but thats for pleasure too :wink:

Jackie xx
  • maria09
    My God we all must rattle!
    Pity there is no magic pill to cure all!
    Think its a couple of glasses of vino tonight
    Mx
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Hi Maria
    I have OA and I take per day Tramadol x 8
    Paracetamol x 8
    For Flare Up Naproxen x 2

Denise.x
  • o1davidliston
    o1davidliston Member Posts: 13
    delboy wrote:
    Enbrel suplemented with beer & wine and the occasional spliff-1.gif:lol:
    and a drop os scotch :D
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    maria09 wrote:
    My God we all must rattle!
    Pity there is no magic pill to cure all!
    Think its a couple of glasses of vino tonight
    Mx

LOL, indeed, taking 26 pills a day is like a full time job, no wonder I get confused. Co Codamol 30/500, 8 a day, tried tramodol but that made me feel rotten, cannot take NSAID's due to heart disease.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • asheem
    asheem Member Posts: 2
    joyful164 wrote:
    Hello Maria

I am in the same situations as yourself.
    I am on 20mg MTX inj once a week, done by myself.
    Tramadol Slow Release (worth considering) since I went on to these, I was having about 4 - 6 co-codomols a day.
    Pregabalin 150 mg x 2 a day.
    Paracetamol inbetween if the pain is getting bad. That does help with me, but I never have to take them every day.
    As I have a hiatus hernia and a potential ulcer problem I take Omeprazole, folic acid and Alendronic Acid once a week because I am on a small 2.5mg steroid dose at the moment.
    If my Polymyalgeria Rheumatica flares up then my steroids will go up too.
    then the usual BP meds
    My pain does get bad some days, but I can cope with it. Goodness know what it would be like if I didn't take any of the above.
    Blood tests come back fine apart from a slightly raised ESR? level.
    I'm OK
    Joy
    So all in all quite a cocktail

hey maria i can help you for your pain iam in Mali we medicine that we hertage from our old who can give you better many peolpe used and the are happy in their life they have for 10years since they used the medicine is almost 3years now is just a soap and and cream traditional you should let me know my email is [removed by moderator]