freezing cold feet

Options
bluebeard
bluebeard Member Posts: 260
edited 15. Mar 2010, 18:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
even in fairly warm weather

sometimes not even deep heat helps !!

do many find this is a symptom ?

or do you find they over heat with the inflammation of arthritis ?

and ideas on warming them up ?..lol

Comments

• bluebeard
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    maybe you can still get slipper or boots you can heat up ?
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Hi Bluebeard my feet are freezing too my rheumy nurse says it might be raynauds think thats how you spell it, i find popping a pair of socks on the radiator while there warmig up pop your feet in a bowl of warm water seems to help me. i have thermal socks for when i am going out.
    julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • iggly_pop
    iggly_pop Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Hey bluebeard,
    I suffer with bad circulation and find wheaty bags helped but i may have found the next best thing
    http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/-/411/511/-/6860876/Cozy-Feet-Microwavable-Boots/Product.html?searchtype=genre
    Microwaveable boots :D
    might be a wee bit uncomfortable enclosing your foot but i think they do slippers too :)

Hope you find something that helps

Rebecca
    x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Oh B B I got them too. Mine are covered in chilblains (Which have more attitude than they should!) and I got a sort of Reynard’s type thing and they give me an infusion of Iloprost every 4 months. Its dealt with by the Rumo and there is a def link between arthritis and Reynard’s but I can't remember why.

As well as Rebecca’s link, and they are good. I did have a pair but for reasons best known to him Slipper boy (one of my dogs) thought they were for him! But as well as those you can get extra thermal socks and they are quite good as well as boot heaters that could also go in your shoes. I have pocket warmers, but they may be out lawed now cus they are a burning bit of charcoal in a protective box.... I put them as near as they will go to the femoral artery and it can help. Its not nice and I hope you can find something that helps you. Cris x
  • madness1985
    madness1985 Member Posts: 293
    Options
    Hello,

I get cold feet espically when im nearing a flare up. It is really annoying! I put on my thermal socks and put my feet on the radiator!

x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi BB!

I suffer from freezing feet too.
    I bought a hot wax therapy unit that is wonderful for providing intensive heat and in soothing hands, elbows and feet (not all at the same time unfortunately!)
    The unit is the best thing I have ever bought and costs about £40.00, including the wax.

If you want more details about it let me know. Iris x

ps. I also have to wear thermal socks in bed..not very glamorous!
  • heather1
    heather1 Member Posts: 75
    Options
    Hi

I have trouble with cold hands and feet and i put it down to bad circulation.
    I have a pair of boots that you put in the microwave to heat up and they are well cosy.
    I also wear bed socks in bed.
  • malc7747
    malc7747 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I have a pair of scarpet slippers filled with wheat which I heat in the micro wave and wear. You cannot really walk in them but they are great. :D

Bought some for my daughter and daughter in law as christmas presents.

take care
    Malc
    :)
  • bluebeard
    Options
    thanks everyone, going to get a pair of those boots right now xx
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Bluebeard

My daughter-in-law's grandmother knitted me several pairs of woollen socks and they are wonderful. They keep your feet warm and my feet never get hot/sweaty. I think you can even buy socks these days that heat up.

Personally I think this is one of symptoms - I cannot bear my feet to be cold.

I enjoy soaking my feet in bath salts - it's a heavenly feeling. I put a towel on the floor my bowl of very warm water and watch a bit of tv. Lovely!!!!! :lol::lol:

Sharmaine

bluebeard wrote:
    even in fairly warm weather

sometimes not even deep heat helps !!

do many find this is a symptom ?

or do you find they over heat with the inflammation of arthritis ?

and ideas on warming them up ?..lol
  • bluebeard
    Options
    thanks, that sounds cool

I have ordered a pair of these microwave boots and will let you know how they are
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Options
    Hi Bluebeard,

I know what you mean I have the same problem. I mentioned it this week to rheumy because both hands and feet are always cold.

She said it might be raynaud's syndrome. Oh well another one to the list.

Eve
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Yes I get very cold feet and ankles too, Shall be following some of these links/ideas.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • jacquieweeks
    jacquieweeks Member Posts: 9
    Options
    dorcas wrote:
    Hi BB!

I suffer from freezing feet too.
    I bought a hot wax therapy unit that is wonderful for providing intensive heat and in soothing hands, elbows and feet (not all at the same time unfortunately!)
    The unit is the best thing I have ever bought and costs about £40.00, including the wax.

If you want more details about it let me know. Iris x

ps. I also have to wear thermal socks in bed..not very glamorous!

ditto. I waer the elegant footwear in bed but am very interested in where you got the wax bath please advise me. VERY sore feet here ! Do you have RA ??
  • pheebs
    pheebs Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Hi Bluebeard,

I also think your problem seems similar to Raynauds. I have had the condition since in my late teens although didn't know at the time what it was - didn't know there was a name for it.

You may find it useful to visit the Raynauds & Scleroderma Association website.

Go and treat yourself to a pair of microwaveable socks or slippers!!

Pheebs x
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Bluebeard, I have freezing cold feet all the time, I have been told that it is raynauds syndrome, I wear 2 pairs of socks all the time, when it is really cold I also have a fleece blanket over my feet love Jaspercatxx
  • katymac
    katymac Member Posts: 26
    Options
    HI

I have Raynaud's too and my GP prescribed Nifedipine, which helps to some extent.

Kathyx
  • stephibabe2
    stephibabe2 Member Posts: 60
    Options
    I have this as well...

Some people think Im mad saying Im cold when its a nice sunny day, especially after all this cold weather.
    I also get freezing cold hands and knees. Its been dignosed as raynauds disease. Have you looked into this ?

I definatly find thermal socks keep your feet at a normal tempreture especially if your out. For my hands I use re-heatable hand warmers that you put under gloves. Other than that wheat bags etc. help but are only useful when your indoors. Also putting socks/slippers on the radiator before putting them on helps to heat them up to begin with.
    Hope this helps, all the best x x